Dancers Anonymous > Your Favorite Junk Foods

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancingMommy, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

I can do an amazing raw foods coconut cake. Or we can just go down the street for it :)

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yum...

but it's not the same. ;)

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Last time I tried making a white cake it was kind of an annoying disaster (I blogged it, you have to go back to July to read it though).

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i love red velvet cake, too. and homemade whoopie pies. and homemade butter cookies.

i don't have much of a sweet tooth and seem to have lost my craving for junky food in general. except for these sorts of things... but they have to be quality. no fake ingredients. i want the real deal. i'm a total snob in that regard. ;):rolleyes:

5. Laura

Laura New Member

I agree, which was why I was so unhappy when I finally had to resort to freakin' Duncan Hines to make my friends' wedding cake :(

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol. well, even there there are some tricks to make it better... using mayo instead of oil is a way to enhance the taste & moisture of boxed cakes. haven't done that for many years but... sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

7. Laura

Laura New Member

Mmmm, I make my own mayo :)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

we are so compatible, kitchen-wise...:cool:

9. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Like the Mayo/oil tip ladies thanks! I like to use applesauce instead of sugar in my cake baking... some of the most moist cake EVER.

10. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

For those of us in the UK we have a supermarket chain called Morrisons.

They do gorgeous cakes but the best cake they do is a cream/sponge/custard filled cake with a marzipan outer (green). It's so delicious and like making love to a beautiful woman.

Normal fastfoods like McDoodles/KFC/Burgerking. Not touched them for years. Infact can't think when I last went to one! My dancing is powered by cake!

11. Chiron

Chiron New Member

This thread is evil... I've finished the cake I made over the weekend and am still hungry... Now do I go to bed or go make eggs in a basket? And why did I already brush my teeth... :(

12. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I've really been into Reeses Whipps here lately. I usually split one with DM before practice. Hey, it helps me to have enough energy:p

13. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I love peach hearts - they're a type of soft jube and they're so nice. I haven't found them in ages though.

Also can't resist pretzels.

14. JEM

JEM New Member

I have to stay away from chocolate-covered pretzels - can eat my weight in them!!

BTW - really like your signature, Lioness

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

I think I've decided that Hostess chocolate cream filled cupcakes are my recreational drug of choice.

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

and again, cheezits at the moment

18. Chiron

Chiron New Member

One of my office mates brought in candy orange slices today. I had forgotten how much I love those things. :D

19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I've never actually tried a real pretzel - I usually eat the biscuit ones covered in salt.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Had a delicious piece of cake yesterday...chocolate with whipped cream frosting, not too sweet, and I think it was a couple days old so the cream had seeped in nicely & made it extremely moist.

Perfection...except for the small serving. Was over in a blink.