Dancers Anonymous > Your favourite chocolate

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by megamoose, Nov 8, 2006.

1. megamoose

megamoose New Member

Well I know you're all dancers and probably keep in very good shape but everyone enjoys a bit of chocolate once in a while..... don't they? :p

Well my favourite has to be cadburies chocolate. I know that Galaxy seems to be getting very popular and I do agree it tastes quite nice, but I still think Cadburys is the best :p

What about you?

What's your favourite chocolate bar?

Mark

2. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

In my opinion, the best chocolate is made in Switzerland. My personal favourite: Lindl.

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Neuhaus.

4. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Favorite chocolate bar: Green and Black's Mayan Gold
    Favorite chocolate: Homemade chocolate mint truffles

5. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Totally with you

6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

its a milk chocolate called 'Aero' .. dont know if its produced anymore.. haven't had one since forever.. dang it..

meanwhile i just settle for Mars, Twix, KitKat and sneakers.. i have to have at least one bar everyday..

melted chocolate mousse on lips aint bad too.. lol

7. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I like those Lindt truffles once in a while. Although, not everyone likes chocolate. I used to work with a guy who didn't like it. His thing was those sour fruit candies.

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Hmmm, I think I saw some Aero at the supermarket just the other day ;)

9. alemana

alemana New Member

for supermarket chocolate, i look for the european trinkets - kinder, aero, etc. cadbury produced OUTSIDE the united states is inifintely better than domestic.

i grew to love Wedel when i was living in Poland.

but my taste is more dark chocolate, and for that i like:

scharffen berger - best american artisanal chocolate by far. it's what i use for all the fine baking i do.

maya and SB - for eating. i also like Dagoba's new "Xocalatl" line - dark chocolate with chili, mexican-style.

I just bought a tin of Xocatalt hot chocolate - can't wait to try it.

10. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Yoku Moku! It is Japanese. I had it only once in Las Vegas by sheer chance. Unbelievably good. Their cookies are available in USA, but their chocolate is not any longer. I would not mind vacationing in Japan just to have some of their chocolate....

11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

For handmade truffles? Scharfenberger, Valhrona, Callebaut, and Guittard.

Favorite pre-made chocolates? The french chocolates; Fauchon and La Maison du Chocolat. Yummm....

For chocolate bars? Scharfenberger (love their Mocha Pure Dark Chocolate)

12. yanka

yanka New Member

Richart are my fave. Most of them have fillings which are to die for. They do have some collections that are just chocolate, though. I buy myself a box a few times a year (who ever thought that 'basil & olive oil' could make a filling that good?).

I've also had the fortune to try a few Amedei chocolate samples. They're considered the world's top chocolatier. Unfortunately, since they're so inaccessible/expensive, all I had were little samples, so while very good, it was hard to rank. Also, the chocolate itself is the high point, so you need to be a true dark-chocolate lover to appreciate...

ETA: dug up the article on Amedei chocolates: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/the-worlds-best-chocolate
    To give you an idea, here's a quote:
    A carton from Chocosphere [website] containing just over a half pound of Amedei bars and squares ran me $50, with shipping. The next day, the whole box was gone. In my defense, I've seen engagement rings that came in bigger boxes. I knew that I wanted more, but at $100 a pound it would be cheaper to fly to Italy and go to the factory myself, which is what I did. This might make me the first traveler in history who went to Tuscany to save money on a candy bar.

13. Laura

Laura New Member

I think they still make/sell it in Japan, because one of the top Japanese figure skaters does a commercial for it. I think it's Miki Ando -- she's the one who can do the triple axel, right?

My favorite chocolate to work with is the varietals from Trader Joe's, they have bittersweet bars of various location-specific varieties. I like the one with the orange on the label the best, I think it's from Ecuador.

My favorite chocolates to buy are (in the US) See's and (in Europe) Leonidas.

My usual way of consuming chocolate is by blending organic raw cocoa powder into banana-maca shakes. It's healthy (lots of anti-oxidents) and for sweetener I use a packet of stevia so it's good for my blood sugar and is low in calories.

14. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I have mail-ordered chocolates from the different parts of the country, and I paid more for shipping than the chocolates themselves because some confectionaries would deliver only by overnight shipping to keep the freshness of the chocolates. So I can understand flying to a chocolate factory to save shipping cost.

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

There is a chocolate shop within walking distance from the shop that I work at. They have the best chocolate in town I think. It's all hand made by my friend that owns the store. And she makes this milk chocolate marshmallow type of snack that I swear is the best that I've ever had (besides my dad's fudge that is lol). I won't go anywhere else now for chocolate. ;)

16. alemana

alemana New Member

i always laugh when people claim dancers might not consume as many sweets as others.

the dancers i know eat WAY WAY WAY more chocolate and sweets than anyone else in my life. perhaps some of this is related to the cultural background of my dancer friends - europeans in general enjoy good-quality chocolate, in moderation, far more than americans do. they're also better at sharing :)

but my sense is that my pro friends simply expend so many calories practicing and dancing every day, and they miss enough meals, that they can actually pretty much eat as much chocolate as they want.

and they do :)

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't like chocolate...hmmm...but if I had to pick, I always liked a raspberry frango around christmas

18. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Thorntons in the U.K.

Paula

19. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh my god LucyDiamond -- I *ADORE* the Thornton's original toffee that is covered in milk chocolate. MMMMMmmmmm.

20. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Laura,

And, their chocolate covered caramel is to die for.

This reminds me, I must plan a trip to the U.K. It's been far too long.

Paula