Dancers Anonymous > Your favourite chocolate

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by megamoose, Nov 8, 2006.

1. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Then there's always L.A. Burdict's chocolate mice, dipped in dark hot chocolate until the start to lose their shape... mhmmmm, string tails make them perfect for dipping... Hmm maybe should pick up a box tomorrow on the way to the comp :)

2. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

you guys are killing me! I am soooo hungry and I go from the random thoughts thread w/ Fascination talking about hot fudge sundaes to here..... chocolate! one of my biggest weaknesses....

favorite chocolate...... well any kind will do if it's around (trust me, if I know it's around, it won't be there for long, lol) but my favorite are the passionfruit truffles from Godiva.... the combination of the passionfruit and the dark chocolate inner layer of the shell is out of this world. unfortunately they only make them around valentine's day..... crossing my fingers that they have them again this year too

3. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

:shock: , :) this reminds me, my 4 and half year old nephew doesn't like chocolate. I just couldn't understand why he was upset when I'd get him chocolate, so I have to always remember to have other sweets or olives can also be a substitute.

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Nestle's Crunch; have always loved those.

Perhaps my favorite way of enjoying chocolate is hot cocoa with a teaspoon of instant coffee mixed in.

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Olives as a substitute for chocolate, eh? Now that's different.

I don't care for chocolate, generally. Really don't like truffles.

Now and again I like dark chocolate covered orange peel or candied ginger. By Neuhaus.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

olives...now you are talking...I can do a whole jar and the juice...the green ones mind you

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I really really REALLY envy people like you...

8. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Oooh, RIdancer - passionfruit truffles, now that's a great idea. Perhaps I should start experimenting....

9. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Yes, it took us a while before we really understood that he didn't like chocolate (since boys are a bit late to speak). He's very happy with some olives if we don't have any sweets.

Any good quality chocolate is good for me. I just try not to eat too much cause I get pimples.

10. chachabelle

chachabelle New Member

Favorite Chocolate

OMG, I could bathe in chocolate. Best I've ever had is from "Maison de Chocolat". Everything they have is to die for. They have a shop in NYC and when I'm feeling indulgent, I order them to treat myself. Second fave is my homemade Bourbon Balls - best of both worlds - dark chocolate and Makers Mark!

11. fascination

is it possible that a chocolate covered green olive might be edible? ponders

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ick... ick... ick!!! Just the thought of that sickens me lol! :)

13. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

well, you actually could. Victoria's Secret makes (not sure if they still do) one of those 3-in-one shampoo/body wash/bath bubbles (like the stuff they sell at Sephora). One of the scents is a chocolate one, and it actually has real chocolate as one of the ingredients. It smells really really good too.

14. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

ok, that is certainly not edible....... olives, yes. chocolate, yes. together...NO. That match was not meant to be.

15. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Take chocolate in general, around the world, of myriad varieties, subtract really cheap easter chocolate that tastes like car wax, and bingo, you have my favorite chocolate.

16. fascination

pout...but chocolate covered pretzels are salty and they work!!!!!!!

17. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Another favorite of mine (besides Thorntons) is the Godiva liqueur line of products. Any and all work for me...
    • Godiva Chocolate Cream Liqueur
    • Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
    • Godiva Cappuccino Liqueur
    • Godiva Original Chocolate Liqueur
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula

18. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I had never had this until today...and because of this thread! I bought a heaping box of Neuhaus assorteds from Marshall's (boy, that store has just about everything that can get me in trouble ... I bought a bottle of hot sauce called "PAIN - 100%", too) and I love the chocolates. In fact, I think it's time for #3....to be washed down with a Diet Pepsi.

19. yanka

yanka New Member

ditto on that. I have the whole collection in my liquor cabinet!

btw, wrt the chocolate covered olives...I saw a valentine's day card once that had a cartoon of a science lab on the front with a male and female scientist surrounded by tons of food covered in chocolate. The front of the card said "how they settled on chocolate covered strawberries: the chocolate covered watermellon wouldn't fit in the box and chocolate covered olives are just gross"

(well, it was something along the lines of olives - can't recall now :oops:)

20. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I've been thinking I'd like to make candied orange peels to go with my Christmas cookies this year. And of couse they will be coated in delectable chocolate. Anyone else made this before? I understand you soak the orange peels for quite a long time???