General Dance Discussion > Your favourite dance scene in a non dance movie

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Pacion, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Just watching the moive My Life, with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. There is a wedding scene when Michael Keaton's brother gets married (jewish wedding). Don't know what it is called, but I love that style of dancing - the spirit reminds me of salsa rueda, the group dancing and everyone dancing as one. :banana:

2. Fretful_Porpentine

Fretful_Porpentine New Member

They were probably doing the hora (pretty classic Jewish wedding dance), but a lot of Israeli dancing is like that. It's quite fun! I used to do it.

3. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I love the famous Greek dancing scene from the film 'Zorba the Greek'. I think the dance is Syrtaki but I'm not sure - never done Greek dancing myself.

Love bouzouki music, though! :cool: :D

Rosa :)

4. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Loved that too! Even it was a quite depressing movie wasn't it? (I saw it as a child so I have have memory loss)

5. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yeah, it was sad in some ways. But the dancing was great!

Rosa :)

6. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Crazy people! None of you mentioned the hot Spanish dance in Zorro, with A. Banderas and K. Zeta-Jones! Whoohoo!

Twilight Elena

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Who is Catherine Zeta-Jones? :rolling eyes:

I was the stand in for her in that scene.

;)

:lol:

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

The wedding scene from Bend it Like Beckham totally rocked! The music and the dance. They were jammin! :D

10. Twilight_Elena

Lucky gal. You must have seen Banderas in live "hot hot hot" action, then! :D

Twilight Elena

11. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I am Catherine Zeta-Jones! :rolleyes:

Rosa ;)

12. brujo

brujo New Member

The age of aquarius number at the end of the 40 year old virgin.

13. yola

yola New Member

WOWIE!!! ROTFL
    that's some dancing.... elegant and classy;)
    great to see!!!

14. Twilight_Elena

I just saw Napoleon Dynamite. Very cool dance scene. ;)
    Nerds rule!

Twilight Elena

15. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

I just saw Corpse Bride - and maybe it's been too long since I went out dancing - but were the skeletons doing charleston, and Bonejangles doing ECS during that "Remains of the Day" song? It was awesome animation, but I can't make up my mind if it was actual dancing or random movements... Maybe I should just go out dancing :lol:

16. danceonclouds

danceonclouds New Member

13 going on 30

the thriller dance scene,is so funny !!!!

hugs

DOC
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

okay, so sue me, I love almost all of pretty woman and the thornbirds....(i know, I know)

18. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Gene Kelly - "Singing In the Rain"
    "Swing Kids" - any of the dance scenes

19. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

You know, pretty woman is one of those movies that I think should have stuck with the unhappy ending...there are actually some really disturbing themes in that movie that are really interesting, but kind of get spoiled when he comes after her in the limo

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I know that lots of unglamourous things get galamourized...although I do believe they make a pathetic little attempt to show the downside...BUT ANYHOW...like I said, I know all of the bad baggage about that movie as well as thornbirds.....(equally bad messages) cant help it...just love em in a decadent way...wouldnt go showing either to my 13 year old girl as models to live by...just like em when I'm alone with a glass of wine