General Dance Discussion > Your funniest, most ridiculous, most hilarious moment on the dancefloor!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Quimbly, Nov 16, 2005.

1. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I think I posted this once on a thread here a year or ago. Anyway, I was dancing at a WCS convention in Phoenix, Arizona. It was a very hot day in July and I was wearing a halter top, and you guessed it, it came undone and started falling down. Lucky for me I felt it sliding down and caught it with my free hand before it fell down. I was so embarrassed and stopped the dance to hook it up again. The man dancing with me said "I've always wanted to dance with a girl until her top fell off." Ok, that really didn't make me feel any better......but we had a laugh and finished the dance. (p.s. I have not worn that top dancing again!)

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

At a comp I was at a couple of years ago, after one event, one of the female competitors asked for the next heat to be held because she had lost a "hoop" and was trying to find it. Several of us got on the floor and started helping her look. We all assumed we were looking for an earring. But when we started asking specifically what we were looking for (what shape, what color, how big, etc.), she explained that it wasn't an earring but a "body piercing", and that's all she would say. So we looked for several more minutes, but we still didn't really know what we were looking for. Needless to say, if you don't know what you are looking for, it's pretty hard to find. :rolleyes: But we could never get any more info out of her.

Later in the day I casually asked a few people if she had ever found the whatever-it-was, and what was it anyway? Turned out, we were all looking for... a nipple ring! Now there are so many things I could say here, it boggles the mind, but I'm supposed to be doing work so I'll just add that I never really figured out how it could have fallen out considering the whole geometry of the situation and such. :shock: As to why a woman would have such a thing in the first place, not to mention why one would admit to having lost it in such a public place... the mind boggles.

3. alemana

alemana New Member

4. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

some crazy things out there :)

5. Quimbly

Quimbly New Member

Ha! Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one... ;)

6. chandra

chandra New Member

HaHA HA

hilarious stories.

I have posted a few such embarrasing dance floor moments on DF.

I most recently had a tair in the leg of my jeans, so that the hem was ditached for a couple of inched from the leg. My heel got cuaght in the gap as I was dancing, and the result was disastrous.
    I have also had the heel from one shoe get caught in the strap of another.

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I was at a huge salsa party in Osaka and the floor was crowded. Slim pickins' in
    the guy department, so I was out on the floor doing shines and having fun with a girl friend. People were wild, and whipping all over the place. I was doing some arm styling and 'Whoosh' I landed a hand on the head of the woman next to me. Off flipped her hairpiece, onto the floor like a dead squirrel. The poor thing was in between embarrassed and seeing daggers, but I just smiled and kept on dancing. (Why wear fake hair when you dance salsa?!!!) I believe I also whipped off a pair of glasses off the face of a woman that night, too. Could've been my carelessness but it also could've been the carelessness of the leads not properly navigating their follows...

8. I dunno in salsa, but in a milonga, when its very crowded you dance smaller and do less "expanded" figures.

9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Styling disasters. Have had my share. :oops:

Twilight Elena

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You should do the same in salsa, or at least that's what I do anyway.

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

When my styling disasters occurred, there was plenty of space to allow for it. When careless leads would be spinning their girls here and there not considering others' space is when the accidents would occur.

12. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Actually, here's an oldie but a goodie for you, TONS of hilarious stories here:

http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=125

13. Quimbly

Quimbly New Member

14. Quimbly

Quimbly New Member

[edited for double post problem-- why did it double post?!]

15. Quimbly

Quimbly New Member

That thread reminds me of another incident which happened recently...

I was at a latin group class, and we were switching partners regularly. This one girl switched over to me and we danced the pattern-du-jour a couple of times. She excused herself for a second and went to go take off her coat. When she returned, I was a bit taken aback. Her bra had shifted and was basically sticking half way out of her halter top (I think that's what they're called, halter tops -- you know, the sleeveless shirts women wear -- is that what's they're called?!)! Obviously it was a seriously padded bra, as her "boobs" had shifted half way out of her shirt and she hadn't even noticed! The music started again and she basically jumped back into my arms before I could say anything. We danced a couple of steps, but then I blurted out:

"Umm, sorry, you've got a bit of a wardrobe malfunction there."

Gosh, I felt so embarrased, but I can't image how she was feeling. She kind of stuttered her way through an explanation, but we switched partners before she could finish. Yikes!

Oh, and that reminds me of another funny story. My dance partner and used to wear halter tops (see above) all the time. When we were just starting out dancing, everytime I lead a spin (especially in dances like two-step where you often collect the back into closed position right after the turn) my hand would also end up inside her shirt! I guess they must have been outside turns lead with my left hand. Anyway, we still laugh at that one a lot, since it happened so often. Luckily we knew each other well enough by that point!

16. PheonixinFlight

PheonixinFlight New Member

I've had a bad experience on the dance floor...
    I tripped, fell, took down my partner and 2 other people at the same time. I was new at the place though so not too many people knew who the idiot flipping around on the ground was...luckily...heh...

17. PheonixinFlight

PheonixinFlight New Member

That was a bit embarrassing...ugh...

18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Another comp experience... at one of my first comps, one of the ladies in the Latin events had a ridiculously over-the-top costume. The top was completely covered in rhinestones, and the skirt was done in feathers. Not a few, but the entire skirt. And she had huge dangly earrings. Her first event was a cha-cha, and it took about 15 seconds for her to lose the first earring. Shortly after, one of the shoe ornaments went. Then the other earring -- she was doing a spin and it flew halfway across the floor. Meanwhile, the top was apparently growing its own rhinestones, because no matter how many it shed, it never seemed to have any fewer. And the feathers!

By the time she finished, both earrings, both shoe ornaments, a bracelet, and several hair combs and trinkets were in various places around the ballroom. The floor was crunchy with rhinestones. The tables around the floor, the judges, the floor captain, and the other competitors were covered in feathers. They had to hold the next heat for a few minutes while all of the loose parts were gathered up and the debris cleared. I got drafted for push broom duty. I got all the rhinestones, but the feathers were impossible; they drifted off at the slightest suggestion. I think every person who went to that comp brought feathers home in their laundry. :rolleyes:

19. Killer_Thriller

Killer_Thriller New Member

I remember when I was little, I was in the middle of an acrobatics routine and I was doing a headstand and accidentally flipped over...lets just say it made quite a loud noise.... *blush*

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Cornnut, that story's hilarious! I would love to have been there to see that!