Dancers Anonymous > Your Ideal...cont'd

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Shooshoo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

[​IMG]

2. Sabor

Sabor New Member

from this board?.. no idea.. i had to import

3. Sabor

Sabor New Member

the idea of ideal is non-existent..

u just make do with the best of the worst .. if u have to..

4. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

"You know its funny with guys in particular since I happen to be one.. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen it where the woman just talks, pleads, and nearly begs the man to listen to her and try and make him understand what it is that she needs out of the relationship and the guy either just doesnt get it or doesnt want to get it...but then he hears the same thing but coming from another man rather than a woman, Viola` , it sinks in"

ok, so i had to have a man to talk to the "creature/man" to tell him that i wasn't interested in him, didn't want anything to do with him; cause he was planning a future together and i was planning a future with us separated by continents. He just didn't get it.......for 3 years. Yes, it makes sense now.

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

how about: " she was the sort of woman who, after ten minutes listening to her, would create a modulation the pychic wavefront to induce cognitive dissonance causing a cerebal shutdown. I just found myself unable to concentrate on anything she said." :cool:

6. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

You could just have slept with one of his friends... sure, its a last resort, but it does tend to really get closure on issues like that. :)

(The smilies are off the advanced menu... just hit "Go Advanced")

7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

this is so true. When I want to tell my husband something, I convey it to my neighbor first. It carries more weight for some reason. He can't understand why the home-made cheap-fake-sunflower wreath he made should hang prominently on the front of the house. Sadly, I don't want anyone to think *I* made it (because they certainly won't think a man made it *LOL*). Spoke to good ol' Judy across the street, and it was down in 2 days.

:shock:

8. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Another trick I do (with my father) is talk in a low voice (to someone else), then, THAT WILL attract their attention.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gotta agree...get another guy to say it, wrap it in a sports analogy, or say it right before you feed him or have sex....lol

10. bordertangoman

You expect us men to listen at such a time!!!!!!

11. fascination

well there's definately no hope afterwards

12. bordertangoman

true.. we're asleep then

13. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

or in the kitchen making some food because your girlfriend has read in some book that guys who are really hungry are much ...

14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

if women talk less .. men will listen more..

alas.. it was not meant to be.. tsk tsk

15. bordertangoman

"Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating. "
    c kAUFMANN

16. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

True, but you also need to talk cause most misunderstandings and conflict between people is because of miscommunication. So one has to talk (a little) and listen (alot) both ways.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wowza. This thread's been alive and kicking since my birthday and I never posted a thing. Hmm ...

Must ponder all the ideas raised. I'm not sure I know much of anything about the topic. :?

18. Happy Belated Birthday Jenn! Sorry, I missed it.

The topic is about your ideal.... (I guess it helps to know what you want, in order to get what you need and I'm sure you must know what you want by now!)

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks Galacticdancer. Yeah. It's about ones ideal. I'm just not sure what that is, anymore. I used to know. But life has beaten me down and challenged my assumptions so much ... I'm not sure what ideal even means anymore. :?

Totally off-the-wall question. What kind of design engineer are you? D'ya know anything about miles per gallon? Just curious. :)

20. fascination

how can you know what ideal is when ideal usually is someone who meets all your hopes and expectations and thats not even possible but even if it was who knows what all their hopes and expectations are...meh...ideal is over-rated and dangerous unless, its been watered down into a very mature version of ideal...so sue me...just being candid