Dancers Anonymous > Your Ideal...cont'd

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Shooshoo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

well I agree with all of that and there are practical ways to improve communication eg Marshall Rosenberg's Non-Violent Communication

see w......cnvc.org

2. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

yes, let's call it.. what is suitable for each indivisual and brings out the best of you and makes you feel happy

3. I work in Styling. So, I'm involved in only the 1st surface appearance items. (anything that the customer sees) The exterior designs are impacted by aerodynamics though, so we have to constantly tune surfaces for less air drag and reduction of wind noise. We obviously have to package around powertrain, so we are in contact with the powertrain engineers. Better mileage cars are on the way, but it's incremental improvement. I've heard conversation of a constant variable transmission that improves mileage. That will be out this year. Hybrid vehicles will be on the rise too. Fuel cells are out on some commercial applications, but they have a ways to go from what I've seen. It's not as easy as some would like to believe. My recommendation is to drive less and dance more! If only I'd follow my own advice! I just ordered a new Supercharged Sportscar! :)

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Woohoo! :car: :D

5. bordertangoman

Drive fast and dangerously!

( A friend and I used to say this to each other as an antidote to what my parents would normally say, with its implicit message that I wasn't capable of being careful.)

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That is exactly true! I so agree with you about that. ;)

8. pygmalion

Uhh. You're talking kilometers, right? :lol:

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Bah, mid triple digits in kph is peanuts!

10. pygmalion

lol! Good point. When I grow up (which may be a while yet,) I want a big, honkin', giant-engine, sports car. And when I get it, look out! There're a couple race-car driving week-long summer camps I've seen out there. Yep. That's what I want.

11. Sounds good. I've drag raced which is more fun than you'd realize. When the wrinkle wall slicks compress, you feel it in the seat of your pants and as it gets this wiggling motion and the tires grow in diameter it'll shoot you like a slingshot. It's definately a rush! Most dragstrips have a test and tune night once a week and you could take your everyday car there just to get the feel for it. You might check around for some go-cart tracks in your area too. There's a semi-pro track here that is a thrill. Not a kids track. Alot of the racers practice there in between SCCA racing events. You're laps are timed, so you can see your progress.

12. pygmalion

Oh my gosh!!! That sounds like adrenaline-laced FUN!!! :D

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

HPDE is much more fun than a few passes down the drag strip. Having a big grin plastered to your face for a few minutes is better than only for a few seconds. :)

14. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

'Scuse me there Sarge... but what's this thread about?

T_E

15. bordertangoman

Some people's ideal partner is verrry fast car, it would appear!

16. jenn

jenn New Member

maybe this was already mentioned, but i think our ideal qualities we want in a person changes as we change...at least thats true for me. there was a time (very very long ago, lol) when all i wanted was someone who was tall and attractive, and physically fit. today, i take a persons mind, body, and spirit into consideration...i dont discount a persons potential based on their looks as much as i used to because its the entire package that matters, not to mention compatibility.

on the other hand, there are certain qualities we want in a person that stay intact, such as faithfulness or being loving, for example.

as for changing a person...people change, period. they may not change while they are in the relationship with us (unfortunately, for us), but everyone who has been in a relationship changes in one way or another. it may not always be obvious, but it happens. at least for most people i know.

for me, i know that i have been the catalyst for someone elses change...after the relationship was over. and i am also forever changed (in good ways!).

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep and if your ideal is going to stay your ideal then one element of it is going to have to be someone who is loyal and excited by change...IMO....b/c as we learn more about who we are we inevitably learn something about what would be a nice compliment to ourselves

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh I so agree with you! When I was younger it was all about the looks and about dating the most popular guys. I dated some of the most popular good looking guys at the college that I went to, but they didn't treat me the nicest even though to this day they are my most loyal friends. But that's what I thought that I wanted at that time in my life.

Now that I've learned a few lessons about love, I want someone that has the passion and the romance and that knows how to treat a woman. I'm not saying that you don't have to not have that physical connection, because in some ways you do. However, not only does that apply to me now, but the way that a man treats a woman applies to me now as well.

I also think that men should sweep the women off there feet and vice versa but let me say that you don't have to spend any money on the girl to do so. I think that us women want to be inspired by the thought of our prince on a white horse, but that doesn't mean that you have to go out and get a title and buy a white horse lol. I just think that you men need to put some more effort in pleasing your woman is all I'm saying!!!

And the thing is that I was in a serious relationship with someone that I thought was my prince charming, but he was no prince charming at all. He was just like the rest of the men that I had dated. But from that I learned more about what I'm looking for and I learned a lot about myself during this relationship. And while I still love him very much, I'm glad that we didn't end up getting married, because we would have made each other miserable even though I was hoping for the former.

Now, I'm not saying this stuff to be hurtful towards the guy, because I mean this in a positive light. Divorce is not fun and we should be glad that we caught ourselves early on instead of later about how not right for each other we are even though the love was there. But that's ok, because I think that we know when the right person comes along, or at least that's what I've always believed in.

So, even though it didn't work out with him, I'm not losing hope in that department lol, but I'm not pushing it either. In other words, it's like what I've said somewhere else on this message board, I believe in fate. And while we may have wished for that to happen to us, it's sort of like the song that Garth Brooks wrote "Unanswered Prayers", things happen for a reason whether we know the reason why now or not, and to me it's like you will never know if you don't follow your heart.

19. jenn

jenn New Member

i so agree with the above. i am totally about passion and i take risks, and sometimes, this whole being passionate thing is my biggest weakness, but hey, thats who i am...

and on fate, destiny, whatever you want to call it...everything works out the way its supposed to, regardless if you wanted it at the time or not. in retrospect, everything (even the hurtful things) that has happened to me was all part of the plan. and i can proudly say that it has all been instrumental in who i am today.

20. bordertangoman

Laura Harring......