Dancers Anonymous > Your letter to Santa!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Twilight_Elena, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I thought it would be a cute idea for everyone to write his/her own letter to Santa... online! Hey, maybe he's got T3 internet connection and is surfing the web as we speak...
    Write your wishes, your thoughts, your desires. And maybe they'll come true...

Dear Santa (or whoever you are)--
    I've been a good girl this year. I did my homework most of the time, I managed to get into University (Physics, no less!), I danced and danced and danced!
    So for this year I would like, as always, world peace, no more domestic violence, food and medical care for all the hungry kids, education for everyone, etc. If you can't do all that :)(), then my silly old wishes are:
    -6.000€ (in cash, if possible) so that I can get trained as a dance teacher. After all, just because a sport is expensive for some doesn't mean we should quit, right Santa? Because I really love it and don't want to quit.
    On a second, not so urgent level, I'd love to have the following:
    -A pair of black, satin, 3'' heels dance shoes. You know my size.
    -A knee-length black dress with a swirly skirt.
    -A 500€ gift certificate to my favourite brand of sports clothes (it's for the dance classes!)
    -A free pass to all practice parties by my dance studio.

Thanks for listening, Santa. I'll pay you back. :D

Twilight Elena

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Mine goes..

Dear santa... ahmm mom... I mean santa

I was a good girl this year. I will only ask for a tiny little thing. I could really use some dance shoes (you know the brand and the size).. 2 pairs would be great.

Thanks,

love, Katarzyna

3. eyesofire49

eyesofire49 New Member

OK....my turn! :)

Dear Santa....

I've been a really, REALLY good girl this year. Yup - even did my best to avoid swearing when breaking in new heels (a big accomplishment!) I've also managed to get to classes every day AND on time. You remember last year, don't you? *LOL* OK...I haven't been there EVERY day...took two days off because of a NASTY flu bug and am at home this week to do a routine or two at this black tie affair for a charity that's close to both our hearts. But don't you worry - I'm keeping up with my course load, as my grades will show.

HAdn't really thought about it much, but now that I do, there ARE some things I wouldn't mind seeing under my Christmas tree this year. Here's the list! *LOL*

1.) The best orthopedic surgeon money can buy. My Mom needs him (OR her) to do an AMAZING job on her back. She loves dancing so much - seeing her in pain and not being able to do it is like watching the beauty of a panther all caged in - where it's not supposed to be.

2.) 2 (or maybe 3!) new pairs of heels. You know dancers...we tend to go through these A LOT and it's so hard to find a pair that suits all your needs AND is comfortable too! Just in case you forgot; I'm a size 10, extra width and my favourite colours are red, black and tan.

3.) A new dress for the showcase I mentioned above. I know it's a little early, but seeing as you ARE Santa and I STILL believe in you...could you hook me up? ;) The planned colour is powder blue, the skirt is mid calf length and the top has a low neckline with spaghetti straps. Can fax you a copy of the sketch if you'd like....

4.) This one may be a little tough, seeing as he's probably on a LOT of women's lists this time...but seeing as I've done my best to be REALLY good this year, is there any chance you could make this happen? He's about 6'2", nice silver hair, looks GREAT in a tailsuit and lit it up on the dance floor during the first season of Dancing With the Stars. Goes by the name of John O'Hurley. *LOL*

That's all for me this year. But- I WOULD like to thank you for a gift you gave me a while back. I didn't even know at the time that it was what it turned out to be. Guess I wasn't paying attention. Around this time 3 years ago, a guy named Danny walked into the studio where I was practicing, looking for a dance partner. At first, I didn't like this gift too much; he was so good that he made me and my footwork look like one of your reindeer after they got into the Christmas punch! Eventually, things started to get better and what can I say, I found him growing on me in spite of it all. And eventually, it turned into a lot more.

Last night he proposed. And I said :)yes. :) Will invite you, Mrs. Claus, the elves, the reindeer, my family and all my posting buddies at Dance-Forums.com to the wedding in November of next year. Think you can make it?

And thanks. This will be the best Christmas present I'll ever have for many years to come.

Sincerely;
    EyesOFire49

4. Katarzyna

Congratutaltions :)

5. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

Congratulations to you! Wonderful! May all your days end in happiness --even f they don;t start out that way.

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Congratulations! :cheers:

Proof that Santa exists! :D

Rosa :)

7. Medira

Medira New Member

*SQUEE!* Congratulations hun! That's amazing news! :D

8. lynn

lynn New Member

Awww, that's SO sweet!! Congrats!!! Are you planning on a Christmas wedding??

:cheers:

9. AWWWW that's sweet, romantic, cute ... all bundled up in one. Congratulations Eyesoffire!! Best wishes to you and your new fiance! :) oh, and Happy Dancing too! :)

10. alemana

alemana New Member

santa -

give me an amateur partner right now or i will tell mrs. claus all about your friend Ronnie.

love,

alemana

11. Medira

Medira New Member

:shock:

*falls over laughing*

12. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Hehehe! Lump of coal for alemana!

I got the best pressie ever last year from my husband -- a trip to London to stay in a nice hotel and see "The Producers" -- and I don't know what can top that.

If I could ask for anything though, it would be for my darling to become more confident in his dancing. He's a great mover and has the possibility in him of being a very dencent salsero indeed, if only he had the confidence!

13. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Well, I'd like if Santa paid for my competition expenses next year... But, I guess, I'll have to do it myself.

14. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Is that all??!! You're really modest. I could ask for a ton of things.

15. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I would like Santa to send me someone to love (and of course be loved in return), and a job I could be passionate about. I could use some money to change my car and travel around a bit.

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's right. The jig is up. Santa is actually your mother! Always has been. (Don't tell the kiddies. :wink: )

17. Katarzyna

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Don't tell the kiddies

18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Hi Santa
    I think I've been pretty selfish this year, as usual, always thinking that "Gee, I wish I had a new car" or "Wow, I want those shoes" and similar thoughts, then I take a real good look at myself and what's going on in the rest of the world at the moment, and how much I am so lucky to have compared to others, and I end up feeling extremely selfish. What I really want is for the world to right itself in any way it can, starting with more people making an effort to help their fellow man(or woman). I really don't want anything, as I have a pretty cool roof over my head, a successful job and a loving family, so I guess I'd just make a wish for world peace.

Merry Christmas

19. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yeah, given that today is Thanksgiving, guess I'll just go with that.

Rosa :)

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Eh. I'm shallow, Santa. You know me. :wink: May I have some new shoes? :lol: