Dancers Anonymous > Your mobile/cell phone - if you could

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

what would you have it do/not do, both in terms of the phone itself and the usage cost/payment package?

If it were up to me, I would eliminate the roaming charges (the cost when using the phone overseas). :evil: They are daylight robbery with no conscience! I was away recently and I got a "welcome" text message to my visiting city (everytime I switched on my phone!), another message saying "use x service provider as it is the preferred provider" (which is not necessarily the cheaper one!) AND I was charged for receiving those text messages!!! Something scandelous like £1 (circa US$1.97) :evil: Oh, and I was charged roughly the same for receiving a text to say that I had voicemail :roll: and then roughly £1.75 PER MINUTE for calls made/received. I was very careful in my "non"usage but my bill was still a lot higher than expected (hadn't anticipated having to pay for the "welcome" text messages).

Oh, and I would also design the phones so that

a) if you need to remove the sim card, you don't have to remove the battery and therefore have to keep resetting the date/time :doh:

b) you can have two sims cards in the phone, rather than having to remove the existing one or carry around two phones!