Dancers Anonymous > Your mobile/cell phone ring

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Bob

Bob New Member

HAHA!

ding ding ding PLINGAANNGGGGG!!!! ::darn it:: ding PLINGAANNG! ::darn it:: ding ding ding PLINGAANNGGGGG!!!! ::darn it:: ding PLINGAANNGGGGG!!!! ::darn it:: ding ding PLINGAANNGGGGG!!!!

:lol:

2. Jamie

Jamie New Member

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Mine is on vibrate too. If it is always next to my skin I do not need to announce to the whole world that I have a phone call. And I can decide whether or not to take it or check it before causing a distraction. Way to go P! :)

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I only have the vibrate on when I am "outdoors" or in a noisy environment. Thanks to some of your responses, I did some searching and got It's Raining Men and the Las Ketchep song so that I can interchange them. :lol:

They are both quite catchy :lol: can't wait for friends and family to hear the new ringtones. When a friend called me today, I didn't want to answer the phone - was having too much fun dancing instead :wink: :lol: Peach, looks like I will be joining you in the "Dance in the Supermarket Aisles" challenge :wink:

(Thanks Shy Dancer :lol: )

5. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

Hehe! No problem!

I love catchy tones..I also have, If Youre happy and you know it, clap your hands, and The chicken dance :oops:

6. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

My new phone (a small Nokia) has a ton of built in ringtones, the one I typically use now is "Klavier" which actually sounds like avant garde' classical piano or a cat walking on the keyboard :lol:

If I could download, this is what I'd put in mine:

1) The scene change music from the 60's Batman show
    2) A Great Horned Owl hooting
    3) The introduction to "Red" by King Crimson
    4) A panther snarling
    5) William Shatner's rendition of "Mr Tambourine Man"

7. Bob

Bob New Member

I saw an article in the paper once that mentioned "organic" ring tones. They took a bunch of animal sounds and recorded them.

So if you look around, I bet you can find the Panther and Owl.

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

If I look around or should I be listening out? :wink:

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: that is funny AND typical! There you are, with so much to choose from and what do you select? The "traditional" piano :wink: :lol:

10. Bob

Bob New Member

umm...

ummm....

:D

11. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

However, most phones that have apiano ring tone of any sort tend to be more the flowery Mozart or Chopin type stuff, this sounds more like Stravinsky or Cecil Taylor (seriously).

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Does anybody have the compose-your-own ring tones (and know how to explain it to me? :oops: :lol: ) I'm baffled.

13. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Yep, my bf Silverkea has one, and he put together his salsa-ish thingie.........quite funny :wink: !

The screen lets you select different instruments etc..........

We wake up every morning to this tune called "Copacabana" (no, NOT Barry Manilow :lol: ). His ringtone is an old-fashion "brrrrrring.....brrrrring....."

I'm waiting for my brother to send me his now-oldish Nokia, with THAT Son Montuno I so badly wanted :D .........!!!!!

14. pinkpsycho

pinkpsycho New Member

Right now my ringtone is Way I Am by Eminem. I also have Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down. Those are the two main ones. :)

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi pinkpsycho. Welcome. :D

16. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Currently my phone has a drum roll and a little fanfare when people call, but I wish I could make it just ring like a phone! All of the "ring" options on mine sound like slot machines or the begining of the evening news.

17. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I came up with this neat idea for a thread, but then found it already existed. So I've resurrected it instead.

Though actually, my idea was to list what ring tones you would assign to different people. Since I have a company cell phone and do not know the ramifications, I would not load a ring tone on it, but we could still think about it.

In one dance class, a woman's cell phone started playing "Bad to the Bone". We all assumed it was her boyfriend calling.

My ballroom teacher does not like cell phones ringing in his class. But he loved it when one started playing the "Mission Impossible" theme.

If I had to choose one, it would be that one from Wizard of Oz, "Ding, dong, the witch is dead". For my ex's number. Early in the separation when she went out of town for the weekend to party with friends, that song kept playing over and over again in my head. When I shared it at DivorceCare the next night, the other guys also couldn't get that song out of their heads.

Being a Navy chief, I could choose "Anchors Aweigh", but then all chiefs present would come to attention every time my phone rang.

PS
    I think I once heard somebody's ring tone of a chimpanzee "going ape". That was one time too many.

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I need to get hip and figure out how to download a waltz ringtone...I had one on my takcy old cell phone...but the new phone has total crap

19. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I've got "In the Mood" on my cell phone but am looking to change it since I've had it for awhile and am getting tired of it.

Fasc - you should be able to go to the website of your cell phone carrier and download a ringtone from them. When you purchase ringtones, you give them your number and they just send it to your phone.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

mine rings softly like the way phones used to sound when i was growing up.

and when email & texts come in, i get a soothing chime sound.