Dancers Anonymous > Your mobile/cell phone ring

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Oct 22, 2004.

1. motardmom

motardmom New Member

My general ringtone is Debbie Harry singing, "Call me!" I love it. It makes me happy. :)

Birds chirp when I get a text. It used to say "message has been received" in a female voice, but it frightened a coworker every time I got a text, so I changed it for her sake. I have a ringtone assigned to family members, and a ringtone assigned to people I don't want to talk to. (No, I don't delete them from my phone. If someone calls that I don't want to talk to, I want to know before I answer. lol)

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

My Ring tone is Gwen Stefanis "Hey Baby"

Voicemail notification is Bugs Bunny saying
    "Whats this? A Letter.... For Me?"

My text tone is a rooster crowing.

I tend to get bored easily and switch them around often.

I have a few ringback tones also...
    Micheal Jacksons "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough"
    Theme from "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
    Talking Heads "And She Was"

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

My ringtone is...a ringing phone. It's the only normal sounding one that was in the phone. Don't like all the different sounds.

Granted, I almost never actually have the ringer turned on/up--it's pretty much always on vibrate...which explains why I miss most calls. :)

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Star Wars Cantina band.

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

So that's what it is...

6. Angelo

Angelo Member

Depending on who's calling it's either Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey", Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills", or Tito Puente's "Oye Como Va". It used to be Ozzy Osbournes "Crazy Train" intro, but I about had a heart attack every time I got a phone call

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Lol, am gonna hafta look that one up.

8. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Vibrate only, for everything. I don't even know what ring tones I have available.

9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to get "21st Century Schizoid Man" into mine... :cool:

10. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

my college's fight song
    (University of Tennessee, Down The Field)

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What, the mad cackling startled you?

12. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

How's 'bout something with a distinctive beginning, like "Opus One" or "Don't Be That Way"?

Though I keep leaning towards Lionel Hampton's "Flying Home". The xylophone intro would catch your ear without startling anyone near you. Though it does raise an issue: if you choose a song that's too good, then you'd miss calls because you didn't want to interrupt the music by answering.

Personally, geek that I am, when we were issued Nextels I chose the ringtone that sounded like a communicator beeping. Unfortunately the Motorolas we have now don't have it, so I chose something that's close. And I have it vibrate before ringing, which the Motorola unfortunately usually forgets after you've had to take it down to vibrate-only for some classes.

PS
    A definite candidate would the Andrews Sisters' "Hold Tight (Want Some Seafood, Mama)". But that would also be a definite "don't want to interrupt the song".

PPS
    The vitrola-starting-up effect of "Kalamazoo" could be interesting to use. Though I've always been partial to "American Patrol", even long before I had started dancing.

13. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

This was on the morning news about a month ago, but there's a new mental illness that afflicts a large portion of the population. We think that our cell phone is ringing or vibrating when it's not.

Anyone here suffer from this? I have to admit that I do.

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I seem to suffer from many mental afflicitions, but yeah, that's one of them. ;)

Least, was at home, haven't raelly had an issues with that here, but I thinkt aht's partly because I rarely get calls here.

15. Angelo

Angelo Member

No, but the screaming "ALL ABOARD!" before the mad cackling sure did

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Lol. :)

17. leftthebuilding

leftthebuilding New Member

I record my dogs barking :D It is fun :)

18. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I have a samba song as my ringtone.

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Mine's boring - standard phone ring ring!

I may update it though with something 1980's.

20. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Mine is the Monty Python "spam, spam, spam" song. :)