Dancers Anonymous > Your "new" experiences for 2007

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Keeping it clean (!!) what "new" experiences did you have for 2007 that you can recall, and would like to share?

One "new" experience for me took place today! I experienced the Wii and "ooh my [insert word of choice]"! On one hand, I found it an interesting experience in that I can see why people get addicted to it - so many choices, options etc. On another, it is not exactly an experience I want to repeat in a hurry! I found the varying animation difficult on my eyes and my eyes still ache now, even though we probably only played for less than an hour.

My young friends - one was 14, the other 10/11 - told me that I "played very well for my generation"! :? :? :lol:

(What is my generation? Under 40... and not counting ;))

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

The biggest one for the year? A steady AM standard partnership. Its a new experience and one I want to continue for many, many years!! :)

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Changed pro-am teachers this last year and am now competing with an amazing pro. Am hoping, like ed, that it continues for many years!

*happy, happy, happy dance - grin*

4. meow

meow New Member

That is a really hard one. I guess for me there are two things. I discovered that I can live alone as at one point this year both kittens were not living here. They are both back now.
    The other is that this is the first time I have ever been in a forum and I have discovered that you can meet some great people. The internet isn't just full of crazies - there are nice, decent people out there.

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

First comp (pro/am, so first comp in general, first comp with this partner/pro, etc), first coaching, first open comp to attend (to watch, didn't compete. Been watching our closed comps since 2006).

First time in Middle east. First time living overseas.

First time working on military base. First time living on military base. (though not in that order)

First Wine tasting.

Sure I'm missing some others. It has been a pretty interesting year.

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

THe big thing for me was our first full year living in the new house. My other really unique first was my October foray into auto racing journalism.

Oh, and I did my first halfway decent Viennese waltz. :rolleyes:

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

That first still hasn't happened for me yet, cornutt. ;) Though I did two (yes, only two, and can almost even tell you the date on them :) ) halfway decent Jives this year though.

8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

As an aside, I think this is a good thread. At the end of the year, we, rather naturally, tend to concentrate on new things we want to do in the coming year. It's too easy to forget new things we accomplished in the year just past though, rather than treasuring them. So keep it coming, people. :)

9. chandra

chandra New Member

Moved away from home to a new city.

Moved back home.

Placed and won dance competitions

Danced in Intermediate

Made some stupid relationship decisions

10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Well, if we're keeping it clean... ;) Just kidding. Biggest first: first ballroom competitions, first OSB, first first places at a ballroom comp, first time teaching skating.

And COMPLETELY frivolously, first cable internet connection--whoohoo!

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Oh yeah, had my first (and only :D ) first too.

12. chandra

chandra New Member

wierd. I see that ETP77 was the last post in this thread in the over view in the F&I forum, but I cant see the post when I go into the thread... Huh...

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Yes, I have also done a few "new" things in 2007, that weren't necessarily on my list for 2007 :lol: but, it is the things/experiences that jump out when asked to recall your year... that is interesting.

Agreed :D

:doh: :lol:

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Got up and danced in front of people.

15. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

New dance - west coast swing
    New teacher
    New toilet-cleaning supplies (gift from my nieces)

16. latingal

aiya...

17. Terpsichorean Clod

They think I won't use it. I accepted their challenge.

Should I be taking this to the New Year's Resolution thread?

18. latingal

ummm....only if you really want to. *grin*

19. Terpsichorean Clod

Good point. No need for me to publicly commit myself to a specific year.

20. latingal

mmm....I don't think I wanted to know that. *grin*