Dancers Anonymous > Your physical surroundings while posting on DF...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Rosa, May 5, 2005.

1. Rosa

Rosa New Member

... what are they? I've built up a mental picture of a lot of DFers, and it would be good to be able to set them in context.

So, where are you when you post? Without compromising anyone's privacy, what does your room/office/wherever look like?

I'll start off by telling you I don't use a computer at work. At home my computer is in what used to be a dining-room, so it's on a big table with lots of space to have a mess of papers around me. I can see out into the back yard (good for the 'Back Yard' thread!), there's a ghetto-blaster on the floor (para la Salsa!), there are old computer parts, a big lamp, candles, files, pencil cases, Kleenex, CDs, woolly jumpers....

What's yours like?

Rosa :)

2. macha

macha New Member

Honestly? Cross the Phantom's Lair with a landfill. That's me.

3. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Very evocative, macha! :lol: :lol:

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

What an interesting topic Rosa! :p

As for me, I'm typically in my living room at a small desk overflowing with papers and photos that looks like the aftermath of some natural disaster. :oops: :oops: :oops:

5. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

I'm in my dining room. The walls are pale grey, the carpet and lampshade are blue, the dining furniture (table, chairs, sideboard) is mahogany and the computer desk is an abject MESS!

:D

6. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I am usually in my office (at work). Blue carpet, white walls, blue curtains, mess on the desk :)

7. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

home office. i have dual screens so i can monitor/trade without having to swap.

8. Rosa

Rosa New Member

'Mess' seems to be the theme so far. :oops: Any of you people (Virgos? :lol: ) out there who want to contradict? 8) :D

9. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Sorry tsb, I wrote my previous post about mess without having seen your pic! Nothing personal.

Your chair looks comfy! :D

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You made it personal Rosa!! :p :)

Mine is neat. I'm a saggi. :wink: :)

11. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

So what are capricorns supposed to be like?
    Mine is a mess, but I'm 17, so I'm excused.

Twilight Elena

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Large livingroom connecting to the dinignroom/kitchen, white walls filled with pictures I've taken on my travels, 2 cats and 1 husband occasionally lounging in close proximity to the TV, me with glass of wine never out of reach...

13. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yes, that's a valid excuse, Elena! :lol:

I make forays into the world of tidiness from time to time, but it never lasts... :oops: :D

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm having a party this weekend. So the house shall be clean by then ... but don't look in the closets!! :lol: :lol:

15. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

In my office cubicle. Dark Grey floor, desk sometimes messy, sometimes not (I am a Virgo--though I'm not sure I understand or really care too much about it)

16. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I'm one of the dfers from the office. Pretty neat right now but sometimes stuff does accumulate on my desk. We do science camps here during the summer (at a state university) so I sometimes have ferrets, rats, snakes (not my idea of fun) on my desk. Also a lot of moms bringing in forgotten lunches, or found handpainted rockets, leftover Little Debbie Snack Cakes, and examples of many experiments and projects.

17. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm usually at work--my office has pale yellow walls, and a big picture window I can look out of all day. I'm in a church office, so it's a residential neighborhood, pretty yards, trees and flowers. My desk is just a gray metal; I have a table by the window with a plant and a couple of dance pictures. People tend to use my office as storage for their stuff, so it'a a little cluttered.

Today the roof is being worked on so it's noisy!

At home the room where my computer is is a mess--full of sewing stuff, school books, a desk, the computer desk, bookshelves, and a spare mattress! Needs to be cleaned up!

18. Rosa

Rosa New Member

What is it about computers that does that to rooms? :shock: :lol:

19. Leah

Leah New Member

The lab - labyrinth of identical pods filled with metal desks, lab benches stockpiled with chemicals, pipettes, and assorted mess, fumehoods and fume cupboards, freezers full of human brain tissue, balances and centrifuges, no windows in sight....
    <no i'm not bitter :lol: >

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

"green grass, dewdrops and swans swimming gracefully near by" :wink:

last time, it was "underneath the coconut tree (with a net to catch any falling coconuts of course :wink: ) with a virgin colada in one hand, and the remote control for my laptop in the other" :lol: