Dancers Anonymous > Your running playlist

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Twilight_Elena, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Pretty straightforward thread, for the ones that run (treadmill or outdoors jogging, everything counts). What's in your playlist? I'm trying to create my own and I'm stuck, seeing as I'm not the running sort or the dance/trance/thump-thump-music sort.
    I'll start with what I've got so far:

Somebody to love - Boogie Pimps
    Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
    Pump It - Black Eyed Peas (although it seems to be 16 minutes long. Yikes.)

T_E

2. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Rhianna - sos, pon de replay, disturbia
    Madonna - music, her last album
    Brittney Spear - Blackout album
    Timberlan - pretty much anything he colaborated with other artists like Nelly Fertado, Justin Timberlake
    Nelly Fertado - Maneater, Permiscious
    Justin Timberlake - last album
    Daddy Yankie - Rompe
    Anything that is pretty much dancable on the top 40 right now

(I need pumping music so I tend to go for the pop rockwhen going to the gym)

But I like all sorts of music!

3. Twilight_Elena

I do like my reggaeton in the gym. Gives you a nice beat without being blah.

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

80s music. :)

5. Twilight_Elena

Do elaborate! (Alice Cooper could be considered 80s but I wouldn't jog to Poison. Or... would I? :rolleyes:)

6. Beto

Beto Active Member

Jogging to Poison? I..can't imagine it. Unless it's to Ride the Wind. ;) Now what definitely be crazy is jogging to Slaughter or Winger.

7. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

for a long time I just used my Jive playlist... kept my pace where I wanted it... (worked best on ellipticals rather than treadmills or outdoor jogging)

For jogging/running tend to use one thats a mix of Ace of Base, Rihanna, Shakira, and whatever else odd I want to throw in... aiming for happy/upbeat stuff...

If its a LSD day (Long Slow Distance) then I often use a celtic medley that I just enjoy and won't pull my pace up

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I would, but who wants that much aural assault at 5:30 in the morning?

The current jogging playlist is light on the hair metal. Probably the heaviest thing on it right now is Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again."