Dancers Anonymous > Your slippers

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: discovering that a certain DFer has Winnie the Pooh slippers, who else is willing to share (confess?) what sort of house slippers they have? ;) excuses that they were a gift from a long, long, loooong last aunt aren't necessary :lol:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

My Winnie the Poohs were a gift... from me to myself. :lol:

3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Mine are pink. Not fluffy, thank heavens. But I used to have puppy dog slippers and cow slippers.

Twilight Elena

4. amrimi

amrimi New Member

Don't own house slippers. I walk always in socks or barefooted around the house.

5. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Haflingers with arch support !

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Pink towelling. I always buy the same ones, about two or three pairs a year. :cool: :D

Rosa :)

PS: What are yours like, Pacion?

7. WRhythm

WRhythm New Member

Mine aren't terribly interesting I'm afraid. They were hand made and embroidered in Estonia.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

:bouncy: Wasn't there a rumored pair of lime green socksies that belong to a certain DF member?

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Nice avatar L. Is that you?

I prefer barefoot, as usual. ;-)

10. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I prefer barefoot, but it's so dusty in Egypt that it'll impossible to have your feet clean, so I have some boring gray ones.

Never understood 'cartoon characters' hang-ups? I surely have other hang-ups, but can never relate to the 'cartoon characters'.

11. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Nothing fancy nor cute. Moccasin-like with fleece lining and black rubbery soles. Bummer about the soles is that if I step in any spilled water on the tile floor in the kitchen then I leave black marks on the tile. It cleans up alright, but it gets to looking pretty bad between floor cleanings.

But what I normally do is walk barefoot upstairs (carpeting, and the tile floor in the bathroom isn't too cold except first thing in the morning now). For downstairs (tile and pergo on concrete) I keep a pair of zoris (AKA "flip-flops", AKA "thongs") at the foot of the stairs.

Now if I could just find a house kilt, I'd be set.

12. pygmalion

Hang-ups? :shock: I resemble that! :lol: I saw some more cute cartoon ones today. Tweety, Sylvester, Elmo, Scooby Doo, and lots more. So many slippers; so little time. :lol:

13. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I used to LOVE cartoons, but I just grew out of it? My nephew is just crazy about cartoons, expecially Scooby Doo, so we're forced to watch it.

14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Nope not me. Just some picture I found that I liked.

15. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yeah, I used to have Nicole Kidman. Must get her back...

16. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I would love to say they were something that Joan Collins character in Dynasty would have been proud of, ie heeled slippers with pink feathers but alas no :lol:

I have two pairs of slipons - one black, lined with Australian sheep wool :doh: never, ever, EVER am I going to black slippers again! The dye comes off on my feet :-( The only saving grace is that they are incredibly warm! The other pair are natural/non dyed and funnily enough don't get worn any more than the black ones. Why? Because I go bare feet when I can also :banana:

17. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Comfy, comfy sheepskin!

I also got a pair of panda slippers last Christmas, ( the cats were afraid of them at first!:lol:), but I don't like wearing scuffs*. Besides the shuffle shuffle walk, you can lose them going in reverse.

*backless

18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I had NEVER, ever worn slippers until I came to Japan! No wall-to-wall carpeting here, so I choose to wear slippers (the simpler the better) from November to February, when it gets cold. Go barefoot the rest of the year!

19. Rosa

Rosa New Member

That happens to me with socks as well!

I don't often go barefoot, because in my house there there's a few wooden and tiled floors. Not ideal when you're forced to get up in the night after a few cups of dandelion tea... :nope: :lol:

20. pygmalion

Yep. I used to go barefoot when I lived in Orlando. I'd wear slippers just for fun. It was warmer and I had wall-to-wall carpeting except in the bathrooms and kitchen. But here? It gets a lot colder and stays cold a lot longer. And I have hardwood floors and ceramic tile in most of my living areas. Slippers are a necessity.