Salsa > Your Top 10 favourite social partners (locally)

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by salsachinita, Aug 20, 2004.

1. azzey

azzey Member

I just made a list and it's long but I wouldn't want to cut it down. Stopped at 30 for Glasgow alone but I'm sure there's someone I've forgotten.

These are partners that I would happily dance almost all night with as they're fun and with most of them I have at one time or another. So I guess that would also put me somewhere on their list too. :) A few of them have left Glasgow now and returned to their home countries.

For London, which is my favourite place to go now, I have a few favourite partners but it's early days yet and there's a lot of choice! I love variety! :D

2. tj

tj New Member

(missed this thread!)

Lol! Yup! I sure do!

Do most of them go out all much any more? I didn't see more than 1/2 of them the last two times I visited Denver.

What's odd is that of all the friends I made in the Denver salsa scene, I think I have more friends who used to be in the scene than are now currently in the scene.

But then again, that fits my desciption of a healthy scene. One which has a constant inflow and outflow of dancers.

And on a related note: one of my current favs here in DC is moving! It's too bad cuz I haven't gotten nearly enough dances with her!

3. sunderi

sunderi New Member

I can only come up with 5:
    Gary
    Chris
    Bill
    Bill
    Rich

:)

That's just for social dancing, doesn't count instructors (even when I have the opportunity to social dance with them). :)

Not that any of you know who any of them are. :)

4. Danoo

Danoo New Member

uhmm lemme see

1) Nicoletta
    Daniela
    Hazel
    Yvonne
    Gemma
    Louise
    Tracy
    Tracy
    9) ?? (need to get her name) < lol :p

only think of 9 =\

5. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

My friend SugarGlider said to me the other day: "I've got 3 people on my Top 10 list, and you are one of them.....!"

I thought it was hilarious, but very flattering at the same time :lol: !

6. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

hum....let's see,
    i think I have different for different dances.....
    in on particular order:

Fr (hustle)
    Brady (rumba, cha cha)
    Matt (hustle, v waltz, foxtrot)
    Tugla (waltz)
    Jeremy (swing)
    Jake (meregue, mambo, salsa)
    R (waltz, tango, v waltz, quickstep)
    Joe (swing)
    Brian (.......nothing in particular)
    Andrew (cha cha)

7. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Well, since I'm only shorter than 3 leads that I see regularly, I'd have to say they are my favorites. (And when I put my ballroom shoes on, I'm actually taller than 2 of them, but it's close enough that we work thru it ok.) Luckily, I really like to dance with all three of them. 8)

It bites to be a vertically gifted woman in the land of vertically challenged people. I'm only 5'8" (more with my shoes on.)

There are quite a few more people that I see dancing and I think, "Gosh, if their head didn't end right in my chest, they'd be totally fun to dance with." :(

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh well, MTM. :? What's a vertically gifted girl to do, but dance with the three available guys and enjoy herself. *shrug*

9. mambochino

mambochino New Member

I started to list them and.....

geeze i can't list them all. There are too many. From LA to Washington DC, from San Fransicso to San Diego and from DC to NYC. Just too too many.

And a lot of them locally have danced with me from a beginner to an intermediate beginner today.

Let me try to remember a few favorites:
    Alice from DC(Clavekasi), Irene from SF, Nari in Korean, Christina from Chi Town (Descarga Caribe), a lady name Janet I danced with at Jimmy's in NYC, Yessi from NJ. Yvette, Iriyali, Liz Lira, Carla (missing in action), and Sonyu here in LA a red hair Russian in Aussy and many ladies in SD with I can't recall their names.

And yea Rob I am with you on this: Nancy previously from Denver. :p

10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

u lucky dawg u!.. i've been at it over 5 years and i'm still a beggining beginner beginner :x

whats your secret bro? 8)

11. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Only up to 2 right now but over time that will increase significantly:

1) Courtney
    2) Ashlyn (a competitive dancer here in Atlanta, amazing on a dance floor very sweet and about as ego-less as one can get).

12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

And these are all your local favourites -- past and present? :shock:

13. mambochino

mambochino New Member

no, not all....there are so many i can't recall their names. some i just know their faces....

Sabor....yea sure u r a beginner...hahahah

14. RugKutta

RugKutta New Member

It was hard to narrow it down, but here's my Top 10 favorite salseras:
    (in no particular order)

Taniko
    Maya
    Ife
    Ananna
    Laura
    Kameko
    Melissa
    April
    Rikia
    Angela

I left a handful off, so If any of yall ever read this, I still luv ya!!!

Luv, Peace, & SALSA

Myron

15. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I was thinking more along the lines of "here's another salsa wanderer :shock:" but I know what you mean about faces without names. I have a few of those too.

16. Legato Bluesummers

Legato Bluesummers New Member

Ok..I'll list...

Sakura - excellent balance, easiest lead EVER
    Chieko - never misses a step
    Ai - outstanding shines..
    Chika
    Momi
    Masa
    Ayu
    Luna
    Tomoko
    Coco - loves to spin!!

17. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the DF Legato Bluesummers! :D

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

ditto. :cheers: :)

19. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Terri - who also loves being twirled

Nancy - great with cha-cha especially!

20. Vin

Vin New Member

I'm with you on this, the women that have always danced a couple with me from the time I started learning until now(and beyond) always get preference in my book. I agree Alice from CK is an awesome dancer.

My favorites, in general they know who they are:).