Salsa > you're not helping me ...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by dan_gines, May 13, 2004.

1. dan_gines

dan_gines New Member

so...

went to my second salsa class last night and needless to say i had a great time. all morning i've had this salsa rhythm going on inside my head and i want to dance all the time now - man, i really wanna practise those moves !

I'm sitting hear grinning like a fool and just very, very excitable - is this the salsa or a sign to send in the men in white coats :lol:

my problem is this...i can't do any work because all i can think about is what i've learnt, what i'm going to learn and what i need to learn ! haha, it's taking over my life...

Now, I'm looking through all the old posts for advice and guidance, hoping that you'll being me down to earth and maybe just calm me down 8)

....but no, i find when i'm reading your posts that you're all so damn enthusiastic about salsa and you all seem to love it so much - thanks a lot my friends :p

This salsa thing is taking over my life....and i love it !

Dan

2. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Welcome to Salsa Addicts Anonymous, Dan!
    This is the first sign of addiction! I am still barely able to focus at work, and I've been dancing for 3 years now...
    And it's just the beginning... it'll get worse, trust me! :twisted:

3. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Welcome to the DF, Dan. Happy to have you. :D Salsa is awesome, isnt it.... :wink:

4. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

:twisted: MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!! Soon it will be a PANDEMIC!! :D

5. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Salsaholism is a well-documented addiction (as you can see in DF), and the symptoms you describe are familiar to many of us. Don't fight them -- just embrace your new world. Your life will never be the same. :lol:

Warning: It'll only get worse! Or better, depending on your perspective... :roll: :wink:

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yep, we all know the symptoms! It's like having a new LOVE in your life! But this one is going to stick around for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time!
    Enjoy! :D

7. squirrel

squirrel New Member

BETTER, MacMoto, it can only get BETTER! and MORE... and NEVER ENOUGH!

8. Tasek

Tasek New Member

And yet another one has fallen to the lure of salsa!!

We are the Salsa, you will be assimilated, your dance experience and characteristics will be added to the sauce, resistance is futile.

*yes, i'm also a geek*

9. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

:lol: I love it! The Salsa Collective :lol:

10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

There is nothing more beautiful than being drowned by multi-fold love..

love of the music..
    love of the dance..
    love of the salsera..

it becomes all consuming.. passion burns.. soul ignites.. fantasy becomes reality.. u fly .. fly .. free.. free as a bird :D 8) :p

11. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Sabor... will you ever change?!

12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

dont quite get what u mean mon petite squirrel :)

13. squirrel

squirrel New Member

The way you talk about Salsa... it's as if you declare your your love to someone... :) you never stop flirting...

PS Don't change... we like you for who you are...

14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

why thanks doll! happy u enjoy it :p

QUE! ME! Flirting !? .. naaaaaaaah :lol:

15. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Sure, flirting all the time!
    And why not... many Salseras enjoy it!

16. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

HA HA DAN!!! Isn't the feeling great!?! Soon you'll wonder how you lived without it :wink:

17. SalsaGeek

SalsaGeek New Member

Hahahah, one down and many more to go. Now your job is to try to convert ALL your friends. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

18. dan_gines

dan_gines New Member

Haha - already trying to get some people i know (and some i don't !) to join me...

I'm practising my moves with the girls here at work throughout the day and i was even dancing with a girl down the gym last night ! haha - getting my fix wherever possible.

All the time the reaction is the same - 'wow, you're learning salsa...i think it's a really sexy dance...' :lol:

I think i read on this forum that one of the best ways of learning salsa, is to teach someone else as you learn, so i'm trying to do that.

All in all, it's all good 8)

Dan

19. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:shock: You say "Addicts" like it's a *BAAAAD* thing!!!!! :lol:

YES! We will release the Salsa upon ALL, and then they will joiiiiin usssss.... :wink:

*I* like Geeks! ...I should! I'm one of 'em! :D :D :D :twisted: And indeed, from what I've seen here, Resistance *is* futile; but who on Earth would want to Resist?!?!? :shock:

*grinning from ear to ear* :lol: :lol: :lol: Ha! *You* *not* flirting! You know, Sabor, lying is an *awful* habit! :wink: 'Sides! What kind of Salsero would you be if you *didn't* flirt?!?! :shock:

No, we love your flirty self, may you never change! :D

I *know* just about everyone here knows that I'm not a Salsera yet, *BUT* in less than two weeks, I'm gonna be going to my *First* Salsa workshop! (I'm so nervous about my "Blind Date!" Ladies, this Salsa fellow is nice, isn't He??!? :twisted: :wink: )

Great job on getting Addicted, Dan, and I hope you can pull your friends into it too!! :twisted: We shall have all people Assimilated!

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

20. squirrel

squirrel New Member

It's not bad to be part of Salsa Addicts Anonymous (the famous and ever-increasing SAA...) :twisted:

But:... it'll slowly consume you... you are powerless... and the worst part: YOU LOVE IT!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

(I know I do...)