Dancers Anonymous > Youtube subscriptions

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by tanya_the_dancer, May 24, 2008.

1. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Does anyone else except me post videos on youtube? I have this weird question - Youtube has sent me an e-mail that someone has subscribed to my Youtube channel (Whaaat?). That freaked me out a bit. I don't recognize the user name, but that person is subscribed to me and one other user who posts ballroom videos. The other videos are much more high profile, like UK open, though. I understand subscribing to those, but mine? It feels weird that someone would want to subscribe to my stuff (not that there is a lot of it, or it is anything sensitive). Should I send a message to the person and ask him why he wants to get an e-mail each time I upload a video?

2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Someone subscribed to me too, and I have no idea why. I don't have much there for public viewing. Most of it is set to private.

3. tanya_the_dancer

and123, check your pm

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I had someone subscribe to me... it was a stalker...;)
    Now if someone subscribes to me I block them unless I know them.

5. tanya_the_dancer

Good idea, Larinda. I think I am going to block that person.

6. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

That's rather scary. I dont have any videos on there, but I tink having a stranger subscribe would make me uncomfortable.

7. QPO

QPO New Member

I had someone subscribe also, but there website was a dancing website, so maybe its a bit of a cross promotion, so you go and look at there posts. I have only put one on You tube. There are people that live on You tube or Facebook. Just I live on DF :)

8. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I dont think its a big deal;

its just like getting a reminder from someone who posts interesting videos;

I have subscribed to one or two people. but I have no other interest other than the videos they upload.

9. tanya_the_dancer

I've decided that I'm only accepting subscriptions and friends requests from people I know IRL or here (or from some other prior communication). So, basically it means - drop me a pm if you want to subscribe to my videos, I guess.