Dancers Anonymous > You've Got the Digits, Now What?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by diputs, Aug 19, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yes. Recently. And only because it happened to be true. He didn't take it well. :(

:lol: :lol: I shoulda told him it wasn't me, it was him. Then at least he would have had an excuse to get really ticked off. :lol:

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Talk about dancing and how your schedule is filled with dancing. That will put him off as he doesn't like dancing.

3. Sagitta

True. I'll agree with that from the guy's perspective.

4. Sagitta

I have been direct. Tears, really upset etc which make sit tough, but in the long run worth it, as that upset period was only a short teeny little time in the whole grand scheme of things.

5. lynn

lynn New Member

what if you get the response "i'll go with you"??

6. Sagitta

Say, "Sure, but I don't spend much time sitting around. I enjoy dancing with everyone there." Then make sure you do that. :wink: :twisted:

7. lynn

lynn New Member

i think that just goes to show the difference between men & women. guys like the direct approach (as i'm told MANY times), whereas women prefer the nicer/gentle approach (which, i hope guys can appreciate, is why we find it so hard to pick up the phone and say "i'm not interested" - b/c we don't want to be told that!)

8. pygmalion

You'd prefer the guy to be evasive than to just give it to you straight? Really? :?

9. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

i'd rather know

10. lynn

lynn New Member

oops, sorry, maybe i phrased it the wrong way, i meant be nicer, possibly not the "i'm not interested" per se. I find when guys try to be "direct", they're REALLY direct...

11. pygmalion

Even that's better than beating around the bush, IMO. A little diplomacy's always a nice thing. But, if he's got something to say, please, just let him say it and get it over with. But that's just me. 8)

12. lynn

lynn New Member

i know that's supposed to be the RIGHT approach, but honestly, i think women get a whole lot more emotional when it comes to the "reject" thing. o.k., i really haven't been in the relationship scheme long enough to earn my right to comment on this subject.

13. Sagitta

I did that. How can you think of me any other way!! :shock:

I told the person while we matched on so many levels (how I liked her and enjoyed doing this and that with her...), I didn't find that extra something there. That maybe it was me, perhaps I was being unrealistic, but I simply wanted to hold out for that. When you fall in love and it isn't reciprocated there is no way that one can simply shut it off when the other party indicates they don't feel the same way. It's not like water from a tap!!

By the way we still do lots of things together...we are very good friends. :wink: :D

14. lynn

lynn New Member

Sagitta, how could you even think that i would ever doubt you :shock: :twisted: !!! maybe i just heard too many of the breakup horror stories (ometimes guys get defensive and totally blame it on the girl - yep, had that happen to a couple of girlfriends)

15. pygmalion

Only if it comes as a shock, in my experience. If I've seen it coming, I'm sort of mentally braced for it. You take the rejection, walk away with your head held high, and let the emotions flow later. Never let 'em see you sweat. :wink: 8)

It's much better to know, IMO, emotional or not. 8)

16. Sagitta

Phew. Something hapened once on df with a dancing friend of mine and people were all over me. By the way for those of you who remmeber that this also turned out well, and I believe I now have a place to stay if i come up Washington way. :D

17. lynn

lynn New Member

you're brave!!

18. pygmalion

Thank you. :D It comes with experience. What's that old definition of courage? Something about doing what needs to be done, even in the face of fear? The older I get, the more I realize that hiding out is no way to deal with life. When you hide, your spirit shrinks and the bad guys win, IMO. Just step up to the plate and take whatever comes your way. Even if it hurts like crazy today, it's much better for you in the long run. But that's my way of looking at it. 8) :D

19. lynn

lynn New Member

awww, i feel like i should stick that paragraph on my wall!

20. pygmalion

Nope. Just wait. When you've lived a little longer and been through a few more experiences, you'll write your own paragraph. 8) :D