Ballroom Dance > Yulia and Riccardo form a new partnership

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by GJB, Sep 15, 2007.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

As has been reported on several other dance websites, Yulia Zagoruychenko and Riccardo Cocchi have formed a new partnership and will represent the USA. This is not a rumor, I received a short confirmation from Yulia by e-mail. Max has retired.

I will miss Max and Yulia's great show numbers but I am looking forward to the new partnership!

2. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Wow. Time for a new domain name I guess ;-)

3. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I hope Yulia and Riccardo do well together.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

5. Nik

Nik Member

I wonder what their first comp will be.

6. LucyDiamond

Wouldn't Yulia's email to GJB substantiate this new partnership?

7. SDsalsaguy

Good question Lucy, but I say no, and here's why: gossip can be true and still be gossip. For example something can be true but still be private information not intended for public discussion. So, as a agneral rule of thumb, a pasted email including a note that it is OK to pass along such information would be fine, whereas a post by an anonymous user saying that they have personally received an email does not, in and of itself, make something non-gossip.

Now in this particular case I more than trust that gossip was neither intended nor perpetuated, especially as there is public posting on the topic at hand. But, to be stay in line with our general policies, I wanted to make sure that a link to a public source of the information was included. Hope that makes sense, and thanks again for the good question.

8. LucyDiamond

Yes, that does make sense SD. Thanks for the explanation.

9. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Wow....I am quite stunned by this news. I had no idea Max wished to retire(had only heard rumors here recently but never thought it to be true). You know, that one time when Max and Andre switched partners and Andre danced with Yulia, I did wish for a moment that she would dance with him. They looked so well together. So I am sure that she and her new partner will look good together as well; I mean, lets face it....she can make ANYONE look good. What a fabulous dancer she is! But I cant help but think, how sad! I know its inevitable, but I hate change. I loved "Max and Yulia". Saying Yulia's name with someone else's is going to weird to me for a long while. :(

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow. new era commences. wishing them both lots of success together!

i'm not familiar with riccardo's dancing, so i watched a few vids on youtube... am thinking this is going to be a good match. like yulia, such strong legs, balance and charisma. am looking forward to seeing them dance.

and wishing max happiness in this next phase of his professional life...

11. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I think it's going to be awesome.... I heard rumors about it for a year now... but didnt think it was going to come true. since nothing was happening and "Max and Yulia" were just rising through the marks.

I'm so happy they will represent US, so I will have a chance to see their dancing in competition. Hope politics will not get on the way.
    I've heard so much about Ricardo's dancing but haven't seen it live... Looking forward for the 1st comp.

12. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Riccardo is an amazing dancer (he's the world amateur latin champion of 2005 and also made the finals in blackpool when he turned pro with his former partner in 2006). This pairing should be quite successful.

13. SDsalsaguy

Funny how opinions differ LG. Obviously there's no doubting that Ricardo is a top level dancer, but his dancing has never done anything for me. (Note: hoping that will change, and open to that possibility -- just commenting on what heretofore has been the case.)

14. LucyDiamond

I've never seen Ricardo dance. From the posts here, I'm looking forward to seeing this new partnership.

15. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

I've seen Riccardo dance LIVE many times and I'm just blown away by his charisma and skill every time I see him. He is different at every competition which demonstrates spontaneity and musicality. Some couples are over-rehearsed so their expressions and dancing become robotic. Great dancers like Slavik, Bryan, and Franco, understands music, the character of each dance and what they want to convey so they really dance whenever they are out on the floor. Riccardo may not be quite in the same league yet but very close.

I think there are many reasons why Yulia and Riccardo will be a perfect match, and one of which is that both will have a great "look" together. I've been waiting for Riccardo to return to the competitive circuit and Yulia is absolutely perfect for him. They will do the U.S. proud. If I can make a prediction now, *cough*, we will see them in the finals at Blackpool next year.

16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I think that's a prediction most of us would make. Riccardo has already made the finals in all dances and Yulia has made the final in two. And, Bryan and Carmen's retirement has opened up a slot in the finals. And, Yulia is AWESOME !

17. SDsalsaguy

Three, just not all in the same year. ;) (She and Max made the samba final in 2005.)

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

You're right. How could I forget about Samba. Sometimes I call her SambaGirl : )

19. SDsalsaguy

I've got to say that was one of the great moments I've got to see in ballroom... I was right by the floor entrance where they entered and exited from that callback to the Blackpool final, and it was a pleasure see and feel their reactions, dancing, and emotions to that moment. :D

20. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have been there to witness that.