Ballroom Dance > Yulia's California Dreamin' rumba...

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by anniep, Jun 17, 2011.

1. anniep

anniep New Member

...I can't find the video online. Does anyone have a link or know where it was performed so I can purchase the video? (I'm not sure if it was with Max or Riccardo...) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks mucho!

2. Yanou

Yanou Member

I've seen a lot of Yulia's showdance rumba but I don't recall she's ever danced to "California Dreamin".... Are you sure about the song?

3. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Ya, I'm with you, I don't recall seeing that rumba. It's sort of a cheesy song for a pro show dance, inmo.

4. anniep

anniep New Member

Haha... :) Well, it wasn't the Mamas & Papas' version, it was that slowww sultry version... not sure who sings it. Anyway, I've seen it played for intl rumba at comps & maybe when I saw a brief clip of her dancing to it while back I incorrectly thought it was a showcase...

5. Becca

Becca Active Member

Jose Feliciano version, I'm sure.

6. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

The version I've heard played for Rumba is by Queen Latifah on her album titled The Dana Owens Album.

7. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

It is Jose Feliciano's version. I know I have seen it, I just don't know where. Yulia even has a review that mentions it on her website.

8. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Okay, now I am curious . . . . Yulia can you please post a link, I'll take back the cheesy comment.

9. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

10. Yanou

Yanou Member

If that's the case, I may have a recording of it somewhere.

11. anniep

anniep New Member

The info is appreciated! (I knew I didn't dream it!) :confused:

12. Yanou

Yanou Member

Well, I found the tape of America's Ballroom Challenge. Rumba to California Dreamin' was for the group final portion, not for the show dance. The song is a Spanish strict tempo version that's on a dance CD.