General Dance Discussion > Zumba Fitness Vids

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by TinyDancer109, Oct 10, 2010.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ooh. I just realized how mean this sounded. Not intended that way at all. The class I take is super friendly and down to earth. The "hilarious people" and all the rest of us have a good old time, laughing at ourselves and with each other. The teacher has created a great, supportive atmosphere. :cool:

2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

been keeping up with these videos on my days off from ballet and ballroom. i like them. but i am beginning to think i am too used to dancing in heels because some of the movements i do tend to do on my toes - my calves are beginning to get a bit a tight (particularly the left one).

on the bright side, i have been modifying to use my core muscles. hopefully we will see the results in a couple of weeks.

3. pygmalion

Still enjoying the class, but I lent a friend the DVDs six weeks or more ago and haven't seen them since. I may be forced to re-buy them. :(

4. TinyDancer109

that stinks pyg! and they are not cheap either! :(

The lead guy Beto is pretty funny to me. lol

5. pygmalion

I know. :-( And what makes it worse is that I received those videos as a gift from twin sis.

6. TinyDancer109

you dont want to ask for them back?

7. pygmalion

I may, but will probably will wait a bit longer before I do, if I do. It would be awkward, as her office is within clear view of mine. If she gets embarrassed or prickly, it'll make for some interesting times.

8. TinyDancer109

ah, i see... coworker! yes, i understand.

*ahem* well, pyg, i was wondering if i could borrow your zumba vids, please....

Now it may be less embarassing because you can let her know someone else asked to borrow them. :cool:

...now, if i decide i dont need them anymore after you get them back, i will let you know ;)

9. pygmalion

*giggle* I like the way you think. :wink:

10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I absolutely love zumba. I'm actually considering doing the certification.

11. JulieRoick

JulieRoick New Member

Unfortunately no matter how many crunches or how much hip shaking you do, you can't spot reduce. Burning calories is the key to weight loss which is the key to sculpted abs. My husband and I own a gym and I teach dance and indoor cycling. We hear this often, and always let people know you simply can't target an area and lose weight there.

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

correct...you can spot tone but it won't show up much at all unless you've done cardio to reduce the fat