2008 Harvard Beginners' Competition!

The Harvard Ballroom Dance team is excited to announce:

Our 16th Annual Harvard Beginners' Competition
Date: Saturday, October 25th 2008
Location Malkin Athletic Center, Harvard Square.

The website will be updated with more information very soon.
For now, I just wanted everyone to save the date. We hope to see you there!

Welcome to DF VM09!

Our policy here at DF is that we only allow active, participating members the right to "advertise" on our site. And only in certain forums, the Dance Ads and Event Announcements.

I have moved this thread from Ballroom to Event Announcements. Unless you start participating on our regular boards, we reserve the right to delete this announcement.

Yes, indeed, according to the announcement made at MIT Open, UConn is happening on the third week of October. I'm not sure when Yale is this year, but to my knowledge their comp has been later in the winter? We'll definitely have exciting fall and winter comps in the New England area this year as per usual I'm sure. Nice thing about Harvard Beginners' is that it falls around a time in the fall semester where the collegiate team newcomers have learned enough moves and are ready to have their first competition. :)
Due to another conflict with the Columbia competition, the Yale Competition has in fact been moved to November 15th. Hopefully this conflict can be avoided in the future, and Yale will move back to its traditional weekend in December.

wait, this is Yale beginner's comp, so there is no open champ? So there are actually 2 Yale comps - 1) yale beginner's comp; 2) regular Yale comp with open events? which one is moved to Nov 15th?

Yep. Harvard beginner's is newcomer, bronze and silver only. that is the comp on Oct 25th. Yale is in November.
Harvard does have two competitions, beginner's in the fall and the Invitational in the spring, so maybe that's where the confusion stemmed.
Announcing the 18th Annual Harvard Invitational!

Hi everyone,

For those of you who came to our Beginner's Comp this weekend, I hope you had a great time.

It is my pleasure to announce that the date for our Harvard Invitational Competition is March 14th and 15th, 2009 at the Malkin Athletic Center. More information will be posted on www harvardballroom.org in November. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to email comp @harvardballroom org

We hope to see you all there!

Dance Ads