2009 Clover Star Classic 2/7/2009

Standarddancer

will you list event at ballroomregistrar dot com like in 2008? or maybe have moderator list as part of DF comp event so maybe more participation?

will you list event at ballroomregistrar dot com like in 2008? or maybe have moderator list as part of DF comp event so maybe more participation?
re: HVAC- I think it exists, we'll talk to the bldg management beforehand

I've submitted the event to the ballroomregistrar site but I had problems with logging in, so no announcement on the homepage yet. I can check in the mods as well.

How about a floor size of 80' x 40'?

We're looking at trying to section off parts of the hallway as dressing rooms, but we can't violate fire code.
90' x 50' please for open standard. Is it possible to change? I know some comps in the past has "expanded" the floor (i.e., removed the first row or two of seats) for open events.

Joe

Actually, I think 40x80 is just fine, as long as there is sufficient room off the floor for the judges to stand (and as long as they use that room) so that the dancers can use every bit of the actual floor.

Ithink

Yes, we were considering NOT attending because of the floor (and the ahem... odor) last year... If those two things can be altered, we'll consider going even though there is a comp 5 minutes' drive from my house basically that very weekend...

I can't speak for ballroomregister but it is on the DF comp event list as well as the Calendars that I manage in the Facebook Group "USA Dance Competitions", NY USA Dance & Dance ZSConcepts.

Standarddancer

I can't speak for ballroomregister but it is on the DF comp event list as well as the Calendars that I manage in the Facebook Group "USA Dance Competitions", NY USA Dance & Dance ZSConcepts.
ok good enough I can find it on this forum, don't really have time check FB events, FB slows down my computer so prefer events to be listed elsewhere. DF events quite easy to use and not slowing down my computer:)

Standarddancer

Yes, we were considering NOT attending because of the floor (and the ahem... odor) last year... If those two things can be altered, we'll consider going even though there is a comp 5 minutes' drive from my house basically that very weekend...
oh only 5 mins away and you still considering cancel cos small floor? wow! you are certainly not the only one heart spacious floors:) join the group:)

I love big floor too, certainly will be great if will be change to bigger floor, remember last year they divide into 2 groups for QS for semi.

I'll pass this on to the organizers- I can find out what size floor we're getting and what kind of assurances we can get from the building about the air handling/circulation and post when I get the info.

Ithink

oh only 5 mins away and you still considering cancel cos small floor? wow! you are certainly not the only one heart spacious floors:) join the group:)

I love big floor too, certainly will be great if will be change to bigger floor, remember last year they divide into 2 groups for QS for semi.
No, there is a competition here in MD that we were going to do instead of Clover because we didn't have positive memories of Clover from last year. The comp in MD would probably be less competitive and more expensive but it would be practically in our own backyard and in a nice hotel with a good sized floor and AC:)

The first Clover, at Princeton, was great - a big, spacious gym floor; second, not so great:( We are tall couples - of course we love huge floors!

Dance Ads