a dress yet again

pygmalion

No. You can tell by the way it drapes. Satin doesn't do that. :cool:

It's one of the other rich, dressy fabrics. (What does Joann call them? Special occasion fabrics? Something like that.) I just wonder which. :cool:

Dancebug

Katarzyna,

Why does the dress make you look as if you did not have any waist? Do you think it will look better on a lady with smaller hip than yours? I have a little big butt for the size of my waist. (My SO calls me little big butt because of that reason.) I wonder if I will have the same problem if I get your dress. Also do you think the lengh of the skirt can be shortened without much problem?
Thank you.

Katarzyna

I think it is best for someone that has smaller difference in hip/waist proportions or who is just thinner. I think it's because where the open back starts, but I am really not sure. It just isn't flattering for my body... If you want to try it on to see, let me know :) I think shortening should not be a problem.

Katarzyna

So here is a photo from Tri Sate, just to give an idea how it looked on...

a challenge, can someone figure out what can possibly be happening in this photo?

Also, I'll have it at regionals as well, 2 people are trying it on there.

mamboqueen

That is really bizarre..it looks like your leg should be in acute pain there.

You look beautiful in the dress. You have to be the world record holder of shortest ownership of a gown :)

Katarzyna

mamboqueen said:
You look beautiful in the dress. You have to be the world record holder of shortest ownership of a gown :)
it looks fine from this angle, just not flattering my body if you see it directly from the back...

Katarzyna said:
I'm pretty sure it's tango... We have some kicks that could possibly do this, but not quite like this
The back of the dress looks gorgeous, but do you have any pictures of the front of the dress (if you still have the dress that is)?

Dance Ads