"A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum"

Pacion

Has anyone come across this musical by Stephen Sondheim?

Saw it tonight and it is hilarious! :shock: :lol: Thankfully it has a long run and therefore I will have a chance to go and see it again. :banana:

There were some moments when things didn't go quite right, but the cast were brilliant. For the ones where it did not go quite right (eg. one guy had part of his costume trapped in a door) they just adlibbed :lol: At one point, I was crying with laughter :D If you happen to be coming to London, (or it is on at a theatre near you) do go and see it. There were some interesting dancing/dance scenes too. :wink:

book by Burt Shevelove & Larry Gelbart
music & lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
‘Slave-in-chief! I wonder how many slaves-in-chief have a master in the tub, a house full of courtesans and a virgin on the roof’

A day in the life of Pseudolus – a liar, a blackmailer, and a slave who’ll stop at nothing to win his freedom.
A brazen marriage of American burlesque to Plautus, the high priestof low comedy.

Re: "A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum&quo

Pacion said:
Has anyone come across this musical by Stephen Sondheim?
And made into a classic 1966 movie with Zero Mostel, Phil Silvers, and Buster Keaton.

"Something for everyone - a comedy, tonight!"

Oh, yeah! Haven't seen the film or a production on stage in eons; The musical buff in me is glee-filled to know that someone's performing this piece :D

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Pacion said:
Hey! Can't you tell that I am shy? 8) :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:uplaugh: :uplaugh: :uplaugh: :uplaugh: :uplaugh:

Pacion

Glad, no, make that delighted (!!!) that I made you laugh :tongue: probably added a few extra years and wrinkles to your life span :wink: :lol:

Dance Ads