Affordable Dance Shoes

chachachacat

1683 from Exotic Salsa Shoes
That "beige-brown" leather looks like a funny color - kind of mustard yellowish?
Has anybody seen these in person?

Well, it definitely takes some adjusting, breaking in, and getting used to (and additional abuse of prepositions...), but when they finally conform to your feet, there's no more secure shoe, nor one more lightweight for the price. I like it because it keeps not only my ankle and arch strapped down, but the rest of the foot, too. The only thing is that when the side straps stretch, your pinky toe WILL eventually pop out the side. Ouch.

and123

chachachacat said:
1683 from Exotic Salsa Shoes
That "beige-brown" leather looks like a funny color - kind of mustard yellowish?
Has anybody seen these in person?
That particular one does look a bit mustard-y, but other models with beige-brown leather look more normal. Maybe it's just a bad pic.

delamusica

and123 said:
Beware of the rhinestone buckles on this one -- they break very easily. Other than that, I love this style and its adjustability.
And there's just a regular buckle underneath? I could take or leave the rhinestone buckle anyway.

Maybe I'll just break it off and stone the strap itself, if I end up going with this one . . . :)

and123

The buckle is made of rhinestone settings soldered together. Experience has shown me that they don't hold up well. I think I've had them break half a dozen times. NOT cool. The ankle strap buckle is OK. The one across the vamp is not, which sucks, because I really like being able to adjust that area as needed.

Ive had many pairs of very fine shoes. My last pair snapped in half across the shoe right where the shank ended. Everything but the suede. Both shoes. (in my suitcase insidiently, although I had them packed straight not bent. Wierd)
I liked them fine, but the styles were ones I can wear for WCS anymore. I had a slight problem with the balance of the heels. (They got unstable after a couple of months)
*shrug* For a cheap shoe, you get what you pay for, they break down quicker than a more expensive shoe.
If you dont dance much, theyd be awesome. If you are dancing a couple of hours a day, Id reccomend shelling out the extra money for a more reliable brand!

The rhinestones are those "soldered together in their settings" kind- like the little put the plastic pebbles in a shape and iron them to make designs things.

Sorry, I forgot pics of my shoes tonight, but the smell drove me back after two hours of Viennese and Quickstep!

delamusica

I think I know what you mean - but do they decorate the buckle or are they the buckle? Can you still use the shoes after the rhinestones break?

and123

They ARE the buckle. When they break, you're in big trouble. Luckily it has only happened to me during practice or lessons and not during a comp. They can be replaced with "normal" buckles, but that requires taking the shoe apart. A pain in the a ss, but worth it for the peace of mind.

Yep, they are the buckle. I haven't had the breakage problem, but I HAVE had the prongs come loose, the stone pop out, and then I run all my hose and even cut myself on those little sharp teef! Ouch!

I wore the two-buckle version of the shoe in question and my failure point was the thin cross-strap, not the buckle itself. But that was in extenuating circumstances. I've owned three pairs of VF's, and handled a majority of the styles.

I happen to have "insider" information on VeryFine shoes, in terms of their "competition" line of shoes. Now, I haven't poured over the entire site in question this time, but there are in fact different levels of VeryFine shoes. The original, known as the classic line, is the most basic. The competition shoes on that page seem to be VF's Signature line, which indeed has more padding in the sole (and at one point had a tighter suede than others, but it seems they've made that suede universal across their shoes.) VF also carries a third line, known and branded as PartyParty. These designs are more racy (open heel cups! aaaagh!) but are very very flexible (but broach the next level up of pricing). This store seems to carry them under the "salsa" catagory of shoes.

VF shoes are very readily availible on eBay, many of which will allow for returns, etc. Check there if you're deathly worried of pricing. However, for a helpful store that carries accessories and offers free shipping, they aren't gouging with their prices. (If you have any questions, feel free to PM me about VeryFine's)

As promised, pictures of my disgusting, sweaty, manky old Veryfines, after ten months of continuous daily use. You should be so grateful that you can't smell them.

hmmmm i don't recommend...

I have been wearing very fines for a while now and I do not recommend them. They are not a high quality shoe and do not compare to the better brands such as supadance. Buy them if you cannot afford a nicer shoe or if you do not plan on wearing them for very long. They stretch out horribly! I have not had a pair last me longer than 3 months. For a cheap shoe that will not last it is a good buy. They are comfortable enough and serve their purpose. FYI

chachachacat

I ordered a pair of Very Fines. They should be arriving today or tomorrow! I will let you know. I tried on a 6 1/2, and they were too loose around the ball of my foot. These are the ones that run wide. I don't have wide feet, so I ordered a smaller size, and I hope they will work, because I like this style!
*crosses narrow fingers*

Dance Ads