America's ballroom challenge returning to PBS

dlliba10

Oh man. Whatever you think about Mary Murphy, I'm glad it's two ballroom people doing the commenting and not poor Ron Montez dealing with questions like "What's the little flicky thing he did with his foot?" from the non-ballroom commentator.

Last edited:

middy

Oh man. Whatever you think about Mary Murphy, I'm glad it's two ballroom people doing the commenting and not poor Ron Montez dealing with questions like "What's the little flicky thing he did with his foot?" from the non-ballroom commentator.
OMG yes.

"Oh what is that one move they're doing? How is Latin different from Standard? Those costumes sure are shiny! Dancing seems pretty hard. Don't they train a lot?"

I should clarify: I like Mary Murphy a lot; I just really don't want to hear her yelling "WOOOOHOOO!!!" in the middle of a great showcase by Mazen and Iza (or whoever ended up doing the showcase routines).

Mengu

I don't think MM will be playing her SYCYCD character on PBS. What we saw of the opening and closing scripts, they are appropriately down to earth. I expect both Mary of her co-host Tony Meredith will be scripted in a similar fashion to the previous PBS shows.

leee

I don't think MM will be playing her SYCYCD character on PBS. What we saw of the opening and closing scripts, they are appropriately down to earth. I expect both Mary of her co-host Tony Meredith will be scripted in a similar fashion to the previous PBS shows.
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOH, A SEDATE AND SCHTICKLESS MARY MURPHY BELONGS ON THE HOT TAMALE TRAIN.

Dance Ads