Any dehydrator recommendations?

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
After dehydrating fruit in my oven for awhile now, and getting cranky at the length of time and the energy wasted by running my oven at 210 for 8 hours.... I figured it was time to invest in a dehydrator. Any thoughts or advice from people that have them already??

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I bought FP a really good one....he used it and loved it as I recall...wish I could remember where I got it ...let me go dig around

The big brands are NESCO and Excalibur. American Harvest used to be a big brand but they were bought by NESCO sometime in the past 10 years. We've used a stacking American Harvest for many years and not had any trouble with it. It's a little loud in the kitchen, so sometimes we put ours on the deck. The Excalibur dehydrators are shelf designs - trays slide into a box like shelves. You can get a (limited) overview on this page: www[dot]dehydratorreview[dot]net/compare-dehydrators. The NESCO FD-80 seems like a decent option on the lower end. Amazon carries quite a few dehydrators. Cabellas also carries some but I don't know the brands. Good luck!

Dance Ads