Ar. tango in Scorsese's "Hugo"

My lady and I watched Martin Scorsese's movie "Hugo" last night. Both Argentine tango dancers, we were delighted that it had both tango music and tango dancing in it - real tango not some bastardized British (Int'l) or American or Hollywood version.

But the music credits don't show any tango. Nor does the soundtrack have any. And we are both curious - what was the selection played? It was not a vintage recording. It was actually performed by the musicians on-screen.

Anybody here know?

Larry de Los Angeles

Found an OST, but yes, no tango inside.
h t t p://ukstore.harmoniamundi.com/popular-1/original-soundtrack/hugo-ost.h t m l

I haven't seen the movie, but apparently its a version of Fru Fru, more commonly heard as the Enrique Rodriguez version with the vocals by Roberto "El Chato" Flores.

Youtube /watch?v=liVcUCDIyFs

My lady and I watched Martin Scorsese's movie "Hugo" last night. Both Argentine tango dancers, we were delighted that it had both tango music and tango dancing in it - real tango not some bastardized British (Int'l) or American or Hollywood version.
There are 2 kind of tango music that you should be aware of. Some (like Primavera Portena) are better danced in international tango. You simply can't dance argentine tango to every tango. And yet, don't get confused between tango and waltz. You should not dance tango to a waltz.

Don't forget that Hollywood is always right. There are so many people involved in any scene that their opinions will always be better than yours.

Dance Ads