"Awkward" dancer

I've been told by so many people that I dance stiffly/ awkwardly.
I want to start taking dance lessons, but which type of dance would help me the most with dancing at bars/ clubs / parties? hip hop? salsa? jazz? etc.

Also say I only have time for 2 classes/ week, how long before I stop hearing these comments possibly?

Thank you!

JoeB

thanks guys lol i usually drink but i hate that if i dont want to drink, i usually deny invitations to go out dancing
It is a shame that there are very few venues where the focus is on just going out dancing for fun, and not as an adjunct to getting drunk. I'd like to change that locally, but most of the people who seemed most interested can't dance at all, and I'm not having any luck finding people who can give basic lessons in 4-5 styles that will be useful for such a group.

atk

unless they are your teacher, ignore them. You will not get better by worrying about vague characterizations from people who aren't experts. Go find a teacher, or just go have fun.

I want to start taking dance lessons, but which type of dance would help me the most with dancing at bars/ clubs / parties? hip hop? salsa? jazz? etc.

Also say I only have time for 2 classes/ week, how long before I stop hearing these comments possibly?

Thank you!

Thank you!
Take many different classes and find what you like. Learn body isolations...get comfortable with your body and how it moves and you will de-stiffen :) Also dance as much as possible outside of class!
What kind of clubs do you go to?

Dance Ads