Bachata only with Significant Other?

I believe it is a very obvious line when it is crossed. That being said, It is okay to dance bachata as long as it is communicated and discussed between the couple :)
I think the line is obvious once you get more into dancing. However, I think if someone does not dance normally, seeing bachata or even tango can look intimate. Your skin is touching so if your significant other doesn't know it's just having fun, I can understand the jealousy aspect.

I think the line is obvious once you get more into dancing. However, I think if someone does not dance normally, seeing bachata or even tango can look intimate. Your skin is touching so if your significant other doesn't know it's just having fun, I can understand the jealousy aspect.
I know it's weird to quote own text but after I say that, I'm starting to realize that I'm having a hard time separating a dance/bachata connection with my instructor. For some reason, I think she's having the same issue too. I think there's dance chemistry between the two of us.

Bachata doesn't have to be any sexier than waltz or American tango. There is nothing inherently sexy about Bachata.
Is tango not supposed to be sexy? When I see it, I fall into a bit of a trance. With regards to bachata, I think Dominican bachata should be fun whereas modern bachata has to be romantic and sexy. Of course, this is just my opinion.

MaggieMoves

Any dance can be sensual, flirty, or fun... depending on how you interpret it. Some dances definitely fall more that way than others though.

Even though you spend a good time in the rumba a good distance away from your partner... much further than bachata and Argentine tango... I find it to be a much sexier dance.

Angel HI

I think that looks sensual and sexy and is modern bachata.
Without a doubt! There is no one sexier (IMHO)! My post was with regard to the reference in red below.
With regards to bachata, I think Dominican bachata should be fun whereas modern bachata has to be romantic and sexy.
Neither 'must' be one or the other; they only need to be relevant to the music, no?

Without a doubt! There is no one sexier (IMHO)! My post was with regard to the reference in red below.Neither 'must' be one or the other; they only need to be relevant to the music, no?
Maybe "must" and "has to be" were too strong phrases lol. But IMO, I thought Dominican was intended to have a more fun vibe and modern/sensual bachata should have a more sexy feel. Of course, with any dance, it's how you interpret the music.

Dance Ads