Ballroom dancing robot!

chachachacat

Wouldn't it be great if the male robot had Pierce Brosnan's voice a la Simpsons House episode.
"Yes, Catherine, you dance beautifully. You follow perfectly. You're my dream partner," etc.!! :bouncy:

Twilight_Elena

Well, why not? I'm sure RoboGirl won't start whining "You just ruined my hair with that dip!" "I can't dance on2!" "What are you doing? Did you ask for this spin nicely? Did you say pleeeeeease?" :p :lol: :lol: :lol:
Same way, I expect RoboLead to be smooth, gentle, loving and caring, and if I do something wrong, politely ignore it. Oh, and it will probably be an improvement from big-ego leads all over the globe. Thank you, science! :lol: :lol:

Twilight Elena

P.s. Seriously now. It's purely scientifical research, it seems. I don't think it could dance with real music and real dancers. It just responds to some upper body leads right now.
P.p.s. I really hope they don't use it for educational/practice purposes. It would take the love of dancing out of it.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious.
I also thought it might be a good sounding board for over-confident leaders. After all, you can't tell a robot that it didn't follow what you've just led because it was distracted or didn't know what it was doing--if it's not working, guess who needs to work on basics?
And it's still hilarious. :lol:

Medira

randomMysh said:
Personally, I thought it was hilarious.
I also thought it might be a good sounding board for over-confident leaders. After all, you can't tell a robot that it didn't follow what you've just led because it was distracted or didn't know what it was doing--if it's not working, guess who needs to work on basics?
And it's still hilarious. :lol:
*giggles*

I can picture world records for ego deflation being set by this thing. All they need to do is give it feet instead of wheels and then unleash it on the local "dance gods". :D That would be a riot!

pygmalion

Yep. DF is getting so big these days. Another good reason to make your thread titles as descriptive as possible -- so you have at least a small chance of finding the darn thing later on. :lol: 8)

Dance Ads