Beating your friend at dance

Hi,

I am a complete beginner at dance, and my friend has taken classical dance lessons in childhood and I think she is pretty good.

I challenged her for a dance competition and now I am thinking of joining a dance class to learn dancing.

I put a condition that it will be hip-hop as she doesn't have that much experience in it, probably.

I have maybe a year to prepare, so any tips that you guys can give me for the same?

:D Its just that I wanted to know if it is even possible to be able to get good enough to match up with someone who already is good at it.

That's pretty much all. What do you think we could suggest? Hiring villains to break her knee?
I was thinking in terms of going twice the number of sessions in a dance class :p

IndyLady

Oooh, I don't think we've ever had an 'evil dance plots' thread...
Slight thread drift here, but I read a couple cheap thriller murder mysteries several years ago that revolved around a ballroom dance studio. Authored by someone who actually knew something about this world. "Quickstep to Murder" (I admit, I had to google it to remember the title) and something else.

PaulBunyon

:D Its just that I wanted to know if it is even possible to be able to get good enough to match up with someone who already is good at it.
Are you an athlete outside of dance. If you have experience using your body as a tool and taking coaching. Most diffidently possible. Enjoy the journey regardless of outcome.

Dance Ads