Beginning Dancers' Frequently Asked Questions

Hi

hello everybody, I am a newbie here. I very fascinated of dancing, as I am very interested in this forum. I think it's a good place to ask opinion or help, or just to talk about dancing and related stuff! I've danced for six years in a modern dance group, but now I'm 'retired" because my parents didn't payed anymore the lessons and I didn't manage to pay them from my salary! So now I just study and try to get in touch with people that love dance!
Hugs, kisses and to congratulate you for the ideea with the forum...See u around!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Tamara said:
hello everybody, I am a newbie here. I very fascinated of dancing, as I am very interested in this forum. I think it's a good place to ask opinion or help, or just to talk about dancing and related stuff! I've danced for six years in a modern dance group, but now I'm 'retired" because my parents didn't payed anymore the lessons and I didn't manage to pay them from my salary! So now I just study and try to get in touch with people that love dance!
Hugs, kisses and to congratulate you for the ideea with the forum...See u around!
welcom eto Df tamara...dance never really goes away if you love it...hope you feel at home here...hugs back

hi all! im new here..i would like to know if anyone of u here have interest for theatre dance? i would like to exchange some experience with u all. do message me, ya. I wish to know more about the modern theatre dance. i'm really interested.

Its definetly a great place to start - contact your local USA Dance Chapter and see what is listed. Many chapters have monthly dances that offer a lesson with the social dance - so you dont have to pay much and you can meet other people while starting to get some instruction.

hi, im new at this forum so be nice to me ;) the day before yesterday i went on my first night out on a club for youths (im 15 years old but soon 16).
it went really well actually. i kissed 5 different girls and grinded with at least 10 :rolleyes:( i kissed them while grinding). the problem is, i really dont know how to dance alone (i think i get the grinding part). 90% of the music they played was techno/rnb. so my question is, how do i dance to techno/rnb? i saw a few guys dancing very well, but i think its impossible to copy their moves, but it was like the basic steps of breakdancing or something :S you put your right foot(for example) behind your left, and then back, make another wierd step and then the left foot behind the right. i dont really know if that is a dance or something, but i have seen a few guys doin it. so if you seem familiar with it so pls tell me.

sorry if i am at the wrong place here at DF:p
(and my bad english)

best regards! //swedishnewbie

Nice to see that you got the whole point of dancing, which is to kiss many girls every night with the occasional grinding as a bonus. Now about dancing alone, yes we all here are extremely proficient in that matter but no we won't tell you any of our secrets, this is something we just can't give away like that as this would mean less girls for us.

hi, im new at this forum so be nice to me ;) the day before yesterday i went on my first night out on a club for youths (im 15 years old but soon 16).
it went really well actually. i kissed 5 different girls and grinded with at least 10 :rolleyes:( i kissed them while grinding). the problem is, i really dont know how to dance alone (i think i get the grinding part). 90% of the music they played was techno/rnb. so my question is, how do i dance to techno/rnb? i saw a few guys dancing very well, but i think its impossible to copy their moves, but it was like the basic steps of breakdancing or something :S you put your right foot(for example) behind your left, and then back, make another wierd step and then the left foot behind the right. i dont really know if that is a dance or something, but i have seen a few guys doin it. so if you seem familiar with it so pls tell me.

sorry if i am at the wrong place here at DF:p
(and my bad english)

best regards! //swedishnewbie
Why do you want to learn how to dance solo again? it looks like you got the skillz you need...haha. If you want to start battling, you really need some training (either at a studio or on the streets) For guys, popping is a nice way to start because it is naturally musical. Hip hop is ok, but a lot of that is choreography, a has a very strong "hip hop attitude" which may or may not fit you. If you're very strong, breaking might be for you. Personally if I enter a battle, I will use popping mostly, crib walks stuff like that. I also use my Latin training. If I'm up against a strong breaker or popper, I know I will be completely smoked against them, so I do ballet tricksf, since I know they won't be able to follow

hi...everybody...i think i'm the newest member in this moment..a good friend of mine recommended me this forum :) anyway i've read many of your messages and from other forums and i found this site an interesting one..and i hope to learn different thinks about dancing...i'm practice ballroom dancing , latino and club dancing since 2006 , actually i began to like this sport accidentally but now i 'm lovin it...:) it's part of my life

well...i think everybody has this problem when we want to learn a dance...but first u must find out what dance represent u ...after u find out what is your dance , u will need some exercice ...is not bad if u copy some moves from others but u must have a little originality and dancing is very simple...u just need to feel the music and the rythm and then try to find your own moves (try to practice at home) and after u practice a while u will se that is very easy...anyway if u like to dance alone my advice is to keep practice r&b ... but if u want to dance with a partener u should try a latino dance club...like salsa or bachatta..in those two dances u don't need a coregraphy but u must learn at first some basic steps .... i hope i was helpful :)

Hi everyone im new here and I can already feel the ppl are friendly and helpful here.

I was SO glad to find those links, but they dont seem to work, and I tried the search function, and I couldn't find the exact same one? Please someone help me, 100% of them (basically ALL of the links posted) I really really really wannt to see, but none of them work.

Thanks, guys and girls

Dance Ads