Best Compliment(s) You've Ever Gotten On Your Dancing

Definitely best to date, after competition last weekend, pro's wife/partner (who is normally very critical and totally honest) told me, "From the moment you started moving in frame with him, I knew you were going to win." Cloud 9 material! :p

Lioness

A couple from our last competition.

"You guys have really good movement down the floor. You're great to watch"

"Why aren't you registered yet? You're definitely good enough"

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I was recently asked by several people why I wasn't dancing the championshps and other rising star events at ohio...I found that to be a pretty nice compliment even if unintended

Zhena

Last week was the first WCS social since we returned from a competition where I was totally awed by the level of dancing. At the competition I was not surprised when I didn't place out of the preliminaries of the Novice level. But at the social, one of the locals who had placed very well in a higher division asked me to dance THREE times!

Our local leaders are pretty good about "spreading the wealth" and dancing with many different followers, even relative newbies like me, so I had danced with him before. I was thrilled when he came back the second time. But the third invitation sent me over the moon. He was very attentive to my skill level ... experimenting to see what I could or couldn't do ... it was challenging, lots of fun, and I considered it a wonderful compliment on my following skills.

Phil Owl

Most recently, I've had several women comment on how patient I was with them when showing them some basic steps of either Foxtrot, Swing or Cha-Cha.

Sagitta

You move like someone who grew up moving to the music, having it in the background, at family gatherings. This by someone who grew up in Dominican Republic.

One of the best compliments was, "When I watch you and [partner at the time] dance, I actually see the music being expressed and come to life..."

wonderwoman

From a girl, that it is fun to watch me dance. That is what I hope for when I dance.
Also, that I dance salsa on2, just as well as I dance it on1, if that's what my partner is doing. It was great to hear because I wasn't aware I ever danced on2, I didn't think I could. I don't even think about it, and I've heard so much about how hard it is for on1 dancers to dance on2 and vice versa.

From a girl, that it is fun to watch me dance. That is what I hope for when I dance.
Also, that I dance salsa on2, just as well as I dance it on1, if that's what my partner is doing. It was great to hear because I wasn't aware I ever danced on2, I didn't think I could. I don't even think about it, and I've heard so much about how hard it is for on1 dancers to dance on2 and vice versa.
Yeah, isn't that great! :notworth:

Dance Ads