Breakfast Time Club!!

DancePoet

ratherbdancing said:
BrookeErin said:
because you've trained your body to respond that way.... It is better for your metabolism and energy if you teach yourself to eat breakfast... and to eat the most in the afternoon, not at night
My problem is I'm at school during the day, and dont have time to eat a large meal. or healthy for that matter.
Breakfast doesn't need to be a large meal, just a healthy one to start things off well. Try getting up earlier and you might have more time. ;)

DancePoet

Katarzyna said:
ratherbdancing said:
BrookeErin said:
because you've trained your body to respond that way.... It is better for your metabolism and energy if you teach yourself to eat breakfast... and to eat the most in the afternoon, not at night
My problem is I'm at school during the day, and dont have time to eat a large meal. or healthy for that matter.
Me neither. Eating healthy is very expensive
Huh? A dozen eggs, a loaf a bread, some fruit or maybe juice instead or both, that isn't too expensive and can last you the whole week. 8)

DancePoet said:
Breakfast doesn't need to be a large meal, just a healthy one to start things off well. Try getting up earlier and you might have more time. ;)
Well I'm planning on getting up earlier this year for school anyways. (starts the week after next week :x ) I'm just not hungry in the mornings.

ratherbdancing said:
Well I'm planning on getting up earlier this year for school anyways. (starts the week after next week :x ) I'm just not hungry in the mornings.
Perhaps start slow?? You have to re-train your body to get rid of the "not hungry in the morning" habit!

pygmalion

DancePoet said:
Katarzyna said:
ratherbdancing said:
BrookeErin said:
Huh? A dozen eggs, a loaf a bread, some fruit or maybe juice instead or both, that isn't too expensive and can last you the whole week. 8)
Bananas are good breakfast food -- good for you, inexpensive, easy to eat on the go, relatively low in fat and calories. 8)

pygmalion said:
Bananas are good breakfast food -- good for you, inexpensive, easy to eat on the go, relatively low in fat and calories. 8)
I've heard banana could be hard on your digestive system, that's why i don't eat them on an empty stomach....

lynn said:
pygmalion said:
I've heard banana could be hard on your digestive system, that's why i don't eat them on an empty stomach....
They are supposed to be good for you when you go running- prevents cramps.

DancePoet

pygmalion said:
A lot of the health and weight-loss literature these days is recommending five or six small meals a day, to boost the metabolism and help control appetite.

What do you guys/gals think about that? Or do you stick with the basic three-square meals tradition? 8)
I try to keep with at least three meals and keep the portions down low, then fit in small snacks along the way.

Sometimes I can't help myself with really yummy food for breakfast or dinner/supper. ;) :lol:

DancePoet

Katarzyna said:
pygmalion said:
Katarzyna said:
Exercise in the morning...I only have 15 min to leave my house each morning...
There's always getting up earlier... which is so not going to happen, in my case. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Same here, I already don't get enough sleep
Well there is some merit in the old adage, "Early to bed, early to rise ... " ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

DancePoet

ratherbdancing said:
DancePoet said:
ratherbdancing said:
I'm eating lunch and its really not good at all..... :?
Well, this is the breakfast time club, and we have another thread for the lunch time folks, too! :D
I know but I couldn't find it! Sorry
I'll see if I can pop it to the top for you. ;)

(DP had to edit because pop was spelt poop :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Well, with Pacion's reasoning, maybe I should have left it that way. ;) :lol:

(DP, and what pray tell does that mean? :? :roll: )

Oh, never mind, Pacion might get it. ;)

DancePoet

ratherbdancing said:
DancePoet said:
Try eating something light, fruit, toast, small portion of cold cereal, juice, but not all at once at first.

DancePoet

pygmalion said:
DancePoet said:
Katarzyna said:
ratherbdancing said:
BrookeErin said:
Bananas are great! :D :D :D

I remember reading a news report where a women lost 100lbs (i think it's 100) simply by inverting her meals (ie, if she usually has steaks & ice-cream, she switches that to breakfast and vice versa). I think it took her a year to lose the weight but she claimed there was no change in her eating habit, surprising!

pygmalion

Yeah. I saw that news item, too. Can't remember where, but I saw it. :? 8) :D I'm guessing she probably ate less as her stomach shrunk. But still, she was working with her body's metabolism. Food for thought, huh? 8)

I've pretty much trained my body to eat big breakfast and not so big dinner. I bet i'll have no problem stuffing down a steak and some ice-cream for breakfast!

pygmalion said:
How do you keep fresh peaches for two weeks? Mine always rot faster than that. :x Fridge? 8) :)
They were rather firm when I got them so I've been eating them in order of ripeness. I just put the last 6 in the refrigerator this morning.

pygmalion

cocodrilo said:
pygmalion said:
How do you keep fresh peaches for two weeks? Mine always rot faster than that. :x Fridge? 8) :)
They were rather firm when I got them so I've been eating them in order of ripeness. I just put the last 6 in the refrigerator this morning.
Ah. 8)

My Mom and I were just plotting today about doing some peach and tomato canning next year. There are a bunch of orchards and farms near me, it seems. So I'll buy the canning equipment, etc. And she'll come and teach me to can on my own. Something to pass down to later generations. 8) Moms rock. :rocker: 8) :D :notworth:

Am I the only blueberry fan on DF?? My mom bought 20lbs of blueberry last year so we have blueberry shakes in winter time, yummy!!

Dance Ads