"butting in"

tangotime

Maybe it's the editing.
I don't think so.. just look for one ex. at the timing of promenades .

No " delay " is evident in many cases. The hall mark of a great dancer ( Scrivener, Irvine, Binnick , Hiltons et al ) is how they expressed timing . Accents thru "poses " only, seems to be the only place they occur .

j_alexandra

I thought the butt-bump was cute. But I don't get the ladies bringing their heads to vampire-bite position. Whazzup with that/when did it become a thing?

j_alexandra

No " delay " is evident in many cases. The hall mark of a great dancer ( Scrivener, Irvine, Binnick , Hiltons et al ) is how they expressed timing . Accents thru "poses " only, seems to be the only place they occur .
Agreed. Even when there is stillness, it feels like they're racing through it.

raindance

Agreed with comments on the racing and odd head movements seen here. Standard in WDSF comps seems to be changing to the point it doesn't look like the same dances at times. Not the direction I'd like to see standard go, personally. :( :eek: :confused:

Joe

I thought the butt-bump was cute. But I don't get the ladies bringing their heads to vampire-bite position. Whazzup with that/when did it become a thing?
LOL I used to have one of those in my routine with my partner over 10 years ago. So I can't really tell you when it became a thing.

Dance Ads