Car Dancers Club

chandra said:
...so we "theatre danced" (the same as car dancing except in a theatre. And you can do line theatre dances too if you have multiple people). Do my suggestion with you is go with dance friends, and make it a fun outing!
How fun! I must try this in the very near future... Probably similar to grocery start dancing!

pygmalion

dancersdreamland said:
pygmalion said:
Oh come on! There were a lot of good dance tunes on the Footloose soundtrack. How about Footloose by Kenny Loggins? :wink: :lol:
LOVE this soundtrack! Must play sometime soon!

Holding Out for a Hero and Let's Hear it For the Boy, IIRC. Plus a whole lot more... :roll: :lol:

You're going to love this...

I was in belly dance tonight and we were working on rib isolations (moving your ribs up/down, forward/back, left/right) and stomach rolls (where you tighten and release the three seperate areas of muscles in your stomach to make your stomach roll up or down), and our instructor said the best way to practice each of these techniques is in the car (or sitting on the edge of a chair or sitting on the floor).

Essentially, when your sitting (like in the car) your hips and pelvis stay isolated automatically so it is easier to move only your ribs or to isolate your stomach muscles.

I literally almost burst into a fit of giggles when she said this as I do rib isoluations ALL THE TIME in my car as I'm driving to an from places...and I couldn't stop thinking about this thread! :D
Yes, this is the same for me, too. I am committed to ribcage isolation exercises as a part of my commitment to American Rhythm...

j_alexandra

Car Dance! I sometimes drive 10-12 hours a day -- car dance is my survival mode, nearly the only way I can practice -- and you'd be surprised what you can do with cruise control on, good music, a mostly empty highway, and a lot of visualization... Not to mention what happens when some how-can-you-sit-still music comes on when I'm just plain running errands around home...

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I definately have issues with driving while a good cha cha is on....I guarantee that I am safer with a cell phone than I am with a cha cha

pygmalion

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me
(Galileo) Galileo (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro
Magnifico-o-o-o-o
I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

*head bobbing to the imaginary music*

You realise we are all going to get arrested? :lol:

Judge: So, Mr. Sison, I see you ended up parking your Ferrari in a ditch. How did this happen?

Ray: I, erm, really don't know your honor!

Judge: Please answer the question Mr. Sison! Or else I will hold you in contempt of court!

Ray: If you held me, all there would be is contempt :cool:

Judge: What!

Ray: I was car dancing your honor

Judge: Who do you think you are? M.C. Hammer?

Ray: :(

Judge: I find the defendant guilty :D Case closed.

To FD!!!

You realise we are all going to get arrested? :lol:

Judge: So, Mr. Sison, I see you ended up parking your Ferrari in a ditch. How did this happen?

Ray: I, erm, really don't know your honor!

Judge: Please answer the question Mr. Sison! Or else I will hold you in contempt of court!

Ray: If you held me, all there would be is contempt :cool:

Judge: What!

Ray: I was car dancing your honor

Judge: Who do you think you are? M.C. Hammer?

Ray: :(

Judge: I find the defendant guilty :D Case closed.
VERY FUNNY, FD!!! Hilarious!

Dance Ads