chicho frumbioli & eugenia parilla

samina

thar she blows... miss wigglebottom at her finest! ;)

actually, can't get either link to play more than a couple screens at once... quite stuck.

They really are in a league of their own. Wish I could have seen them live before they split ... Sigh ... Can't believe I missed out on both them and Geraldine/Javier. Thank God for Internet videos!

samina

managed to see the vid from home... very nice, indeed. but... she sure is so wiggly... i mean, her bottom is wonderfully loose in how she executes her movements, but is it just me who sees her has lacking... grace?

Peaches

Yep. Just you.

Edit: OK. It probably isn't just you. It depends on the style you like, or what styles you dislike. I happen to like most styles. Since it doesn't offend me on principle, I'm free to like it. As far as that style goes, I think she does it very well, and is very graceful. Wiggling bottom or not.

samina

lemme be clear... i'd be tickled if i could dance half as well as that... ! and i enjoy watching her... but her dancing wouldn't be the penultimate style for me. there's a quality of grace that is missing for me. meh. whatever.

Peaches

I understand.

I feel the same way about Michelle Erdemsel. (I've posted links to vids.) I'd love to dance half as well as her. But I can't stand her style. Murat's I love, but I don't like the way she moves, even though she does it remarkably well.

I just don't have the same reaction to The Divine Ms. W. Very graceful, methinks.

Eugenia is probably considered to be THE top female tango nuevo dancer. But she does have a unique style, so it's a matter of taste.

Perhaps you would prefer the more classic tango salón dancers (such as Geraldine and Javier mentioned above - lots of videos on youtube - Geraldine is the queen of this style).

Ampster

managed to see the vid from home... very nice, indeed. but... she sure is so wiggly... i mean, her bottom is wonderfully loose in how she executes her movements, but is it just me who sees her has lacking... grace?
Regarding her wiggliness, this is actually an embelishment used every now and then in AT. In her case she uses it a lot.

It's basicaly disconnecting your upper torso from your bottom, executed when the lead does a change in direction (e.g. front ocho from the left transitioning into a molinete to a front ocho to the right, etc.). It's more of a pivot in the torso, than it is a wiggle.

Regarding her grace, well, she's dancing in nuevo style. This is more akin to large fast movements with so much embelishments that, depending on what music youre dancing to, the grace can sometimes give way to "moves."

The graceful one ones are the performers who do the more mainstream styles of AT (i.e. Salon, milonguero, etc.)

samina

thanks for the explanation, ampster... i wasn't at all familiar with what made "nuevo"... "nuevo". the wiggliness of her bottom makes some sense, then...

i'll have to do a little stylist contrast investigation to see what makes the other styles unique... just dunno about that stuff.

... yet...:cool:

bordertangoman

how can you say that??? this is the wiggle that launched a thousand hips!
you couldnt be a teensy bit jealous?

admittedly the video quality isn't very high, so its a bit jumpy at times.

Well if she isn't graceful then I must be, well two left legs.

Mind you had an excellent class today. Everyone made in quantum leap in their AT - after only 5 weeks!!!!

samina

how can you say that??? this is the wiggle that launched a thousand hips!
you couldnt be a teensy bit jealous?

admittedly the video quality isn't very high, so its a bit jumpy at times.

Well if she isn't graceful then I must be, well two left legs.

Mind you had an excellent class today. Everyone made in quantum leap in their AT - after only 5 weeks!!!!
i am not saying i don't like her wiggle... very nice! :) and no, not jealous. i have plenty wiggliness of my own, thankyouverymuch. <heh>

meh. i just don't find her feminine charm of a graceful sort. sorry. what can i say... i do appreciate her dancing, tho, very much.

Peaches

The graceful one ones are the performers who do the more mainstream styles of AT (i.e. Salon, milonguero, etc.)
Ampster!!! I'm shocked at you! This sounds so...mainstream...dogmatic...purist... I didn't think you were like that. I think I'm scandalized. ;-) :) :p

bordertangoman

i am not saying i don't like her wiggle... very nice! :) and no, not jealous. i have plenty wiggliness of my own, thankyouverymuch. <heh>

meh. i just don't find her feminine charm of a graceful sort. sorry. what can i say... i do appreciate her dancing, tho, very much.
can we see your gracefulness and wigglishness anywhere?

(please?):wink:

Ampster

Originally Posted by Ampster

Ampster!!! I'm shocked at you! This sounds so...mainstream...dogmatic...purist... I didn't think you were like that. I think I'm scandalized. ;-)
Yes, it does sound dogmatic and purist doesn't it... ;)

Peaches, mi amór, don't worry. I am a very open minded and extremely progressive and dogmatic purist.
:kissme:

Dance Ads