Cooking from Scratch

stash

Home made polenta served with a sausage sauce and fake mozzarella on top along with pan fried salmon with tazziki sauce.

I love how the sausage and polenta recipe called for frozen polenta but for tomatoes crushed by hand... O silly interwebs.

FancyFeet

Lol, Jude... that's why I've curtailed my baking (healthy breakfast muffins notwithstanding). When I bake it, I eat it!

I did make a slowcooker full of lentil stew this weekend - lentils, carrot, potato, sweet potato, rutabaga, celery, onion, garlic and a little salt and pepper - and tossed a chicken quarter in there too, which is now shredded into pieces. Yum... good thing, because I'll be eating it all week :)

dancelvr

I made a quiche last night, for the first time in quite a while....crustless, with spinach, asparagus, broccoli, shrimp, and cheese. I portioned it out for work dinners, and popped it all into the freezer. Yummy...high protein and low carb. Just what I need after my week of self indulgence post knee surgery. Yikes!

Lioness

My friend is teaching me to make all sorts of stuff totally from scratch! Cooking beef stock up now (holy wow bones are very cheap)...will experiment with lentil and bean-based shepard's pie, soups, and stuff like that.

llamasarefuzzy

Working on trying to figure out how to cook chicken without a grill before moving in June.
Also learned my mom's homemade pizza from scratch... a definite life skill I needed to have before moving away

Made homemade bacon cheddar broccoli mac and cheese yesterday night - cannot wait to chow down on it for lunch today! (I prepped a lot of meals yesterday so I haven't gotten a chance to enjoy it yet).

j_alexandra

Seafood and chicken paella. Company was supposed to come for dinner, but got stuck in traffic and cancelled after paella already finished. So I have a mountain of leftover paella.

Dance Ads