coupons and other money saving activities

Loki

I have been eating more legumes for protein. As well as lentils, beans, and tofu, I found a chickpea pasta I like a lot (Bonza, but cooked for only 4 minutes). It's expensive for pasta, but not as a protein source. I didn't do this to save money--I like legumes and and I like how easy they are to store and cook. However, saving money over other protein sources is a nice added benefit.
Probaly a lot healthier than a typical Wetern diet as well.

Purr

Surviving the apocalypse... maybe deserves its own thread?:rofl:
Love this! I have enough moisturizer and makeup samples from gifts with purchase to last, maybe not until the apocalypse, but for a long time to come. I'm now selective in buying into gifts with purchase, unless it's something I really need. I received a flyer from Macy's about an upcoming gift with purchase, and I was contemplating getting a serum, until I found a full size serum in my product basket that I don't remember buying. So I think I'll pass, like I passed on the recent Clinique and Lancôme gifts with purchase.

I need a high SPF BB or CC cream for summer, but I'm thinking of going to Ulta Beauty instead for a non department store brand product that costs less. Ulta Beauty has a loyalty card that you accumulate points. Last year I saved my points until Black Friday, and redeemed them for Black Friday specials I liked. You have to have some discipline to save points all year, but it's worth it.

RiseNFall

My money saving activity of the morning was to unsubscribe from e-mails from my favorite upscale makeup company. I was getting too tempted by some of their new products and promotions. :eek:

Purr

My money saving activity of the morning was to unsubscribe from e-mails from my favorite upscale makeup company. I was getting too tempted by some of their new products and promotions. :eek:
After you pass on a couple of them, it gets easier and easier. I noticed this morning that I'm running low on eye cream. However, I'm sure I have one in my basket of sample products. I'm determined to use up those samples that I've accumulated!

SwingingAlong

hmm I have an option to buy some used CDs of strict tempo dance music..... would this count as a money saving activity? Perhaps, if I was otherwise going to buy them new...ponder ponder...

Purr

After you pass on a couple of them, it gets easier and easier. I noticed this morning that I'm running low on eye cream. However, I'm sure I have one in my basket of sample products. I'm determined to use up those samples that I've accumulated!
A quick search of my basket turned up two sample size Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye creams, one sample size Estee Lauder resilience lift eye cream, and one very tiny Philosophy eye cream. So I think I'm set for eye cream for awhile. :)

So, I'm trying to stick to the "shop at home" theory. However, I'm out of my favorite Clinique lipstick - super strawberry chubby stick - it's a good everyday lip color. I might have to buy a replacement.

Dance Ads