Crush on Instructor...

wooh

My instructor recently said to me "Sometimes I think of you, and tears fill my eyes."

I was a little surprised that he would be so blunt about it. I mean, I know I'm not always the easiest student to work with, but gosh. Then I realized he was quoting lyrics from the Showcase routine song we were working on.
You aren't in Florida are you? My old instructor said the same thing to me when working on that song. Or maybe I said it to him. Either way....

sbrnsmith

I'm going to be hated for resurrecting this infamous thread- but I have grown quite weary of being judged, shamed, ridiculed and slammed for what I posted in 2012...yes, I had an inappropriate relationship with my previous instructor who had a girlfriend- I am not proud of the way I acted, I do have remorse and shame about it...it was not one of my better moments....I dealt with much pain from the fallout...subsequently, I still fell for my next instructor, and after a prolonged period of time...of much soul searching and looking inward, I actually did end up in a relationship with him- it's one I am still in, and very happy...I m bringing this up only to say- judge me if you want to....slam me in every future post...dredge up my past if you must, but I don't really care...I don't think anyone can really know what another has gone through...I am really trying to keep this in mind and be more empathetic and mindful. But to be accused of lacking in empathy and being made to feel ashamed- well, I won't go there.

flightco

...I m bringing this up only to say- judge me if you want to....slam me in every future post...dredge up my past if you must, but I don't really care...I don't think anyone can really know what another has gone through..

No offense but if anyone that only knows you via the internet cares that much they need to get a life.

Life is short, be happy; just don't hurt others in the your pursuit of your own happiness.

sbrnsmith

...I m bringing this up only to say- judge me if you want to....slam me in every future post...dredge up my past if you must, but I don't really care...I don't think anyone can really know what another has gone through..

No offense but if anyone that only knows you via the internet cares that much they need to get a life.

Life is short, be happy; just don't hurt others in the your pursuit of your own happiness.
That's what I'm saying- no matter how much I wish, I cannot turn back the clock, I cannot undo what I did in the past....I can only try to go forward....also, if you are not one of my friends, neighbors, relatives, siblings etc....how can you presume to know me, who I am?

flightco

[QUOTE="sbrnsmith, post: 1070389, member: 58857 I still fell for my next instructor, and after a prolonged period of time...of much soul searching and looking inward, I actually did end up in a relationship with him- it's one I am still in, and very happy....[/QUOTE]

You said in December, No this is not another dance teacher, and no he is not married,

Now you are saying he is a dance instructor, is he married? If so, please see my post above, if not, see my post above.

sbrnsmith

It's not for personal reasons, but someone thought they can attack me for my past, and I could not respond on that thread. In the last few weeks someone else attacked me on another thread- so all I am saying is that my story is well documented. It is what it is, and I can't change it or delete my posts. Let's move on- I can't be afraid to post my opinions on unrelated topics if I fear someone is going to throw this is my face each time I express my opinion. I have zero desire to revisit this, or make it about myself.

DL

...I don't think anyone can really know what another has gone through...
On topic, if your second relationship with an instructor is working out then I'm happy for you... and still caution others reading this thread not to naively use it as grounds to conclude that their own romantic aspirations will be realized without regard for how well- or ill-considered those aspirations are.

Dance Ads