Dance Scandal Erupts Over Groping During DWTS Event

danceronice

Unless there is a history with these people in particular that his constituency is already aware of. In which case, either it's "Oh, HIM again" or "Oh, his girlfriend really is wackadoo." Also possible, depending on how both parties spin it. Politics may take the hit harder than dance (more likely than if it were, say, the local real-estate guru.)

I think the groping/innuendo is less a concern for the national-level politicians than just plain looking silly. That and the time commitment.

Unless there is a history with these people in particular that his constituency is already aware of. In which case, either it's "Oh, HIM again" or "Oh, his girlfriend really is wackadoo." Also possible, depending on how both parties spin it. Politics may take the hit harder than dance (more likely than if it were, say, the local real-estate guru.)

I think the groping/innuendo is less a concern for the national-level politicians than just plain looking silly. That and the time commitment.
I don't think it's just about his constituency view of him. I showed the story to my husband. He dances and he knows that it's not about groping and that accidental contact happens, etc. But his immediate reaction was "So what, he's a politician. They grope everything that moves if given half a chance." And since politicians are typically viewed in negative light, I think there will be quite a few people who would react this way if they hear this story, especially if it pops up on national news.

It's not really a DANCE scandal...
Um, this isn't exactly on topic but what movie is your av from? :)

As for the actual topic, I read the article and watched the youtube vids that were posted. I dunno, I don't see anything in the rehearsal at least and he seems like a fairly nice guy. I don't want to judge without seeing the actual event but my first inclination is to agree with those that say the gf is a bit crazy. And as others have mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if jealousy and/or not understanding the nature of dancing comes in to play. For instance when I first went to the dance studio for a Friday night practice session I wasn't aware that people rotated partners and even couples didn't typically dance with each the whole time. Some guy asked this other guy's wife for a dance and I made some stupid comment like "hah, he just stole your girl" and he responded back with "what? He didn't steal anything, they're just dancing" Now I understand that dance and romance don't have to be linked and that sometimes what you think you're seeing is just for show. I mean our instructor tells us it's like a 3 to 4 minute play or whatever. For that short period of time the girl you are dancing with becomes the only one in the world and you're in this fantasy world where you can have your way with her and put your hands all over (within limits of course) then when the song ends the act is over and you're back to reality. Especially for Latin dances he says he could be dancing with an underage girl and you'd swear that they were lovers, lol. Idk, I think I'm just rambling now...

Regardless of what may or may not be simmering behind the closed doors of their relationship, throwing his clothes out and attempting to flee with his car was tantamount to robbery. IMO, his attempt to repossess his property - by physically vacating her - was reasonable.

Specifically wrt her emotional reaction, she hasn't publicly explained specifically what triggered her response. He has described it as, "Upon leaving the event I was accused of inappropriately touching my dancing partner, in front of my parents and family mind you...". This to me is an important point - if her reaction was based on events that transpired in front of all - esp. his parents, family et al. - then she is overreacting. On the other hand, all we've got is his word that her reaction was to on-stage occurances. For all we know, she is really reacting to an off stage embrace she chanced upon that seemed (to her) to be more than platonic.

And despite her public statement about not being a public figure etc., she knew that she was dating a senator, has been around him for months to understand that he is a public figure, and she seemed to have initiated the public altercation. Either she understood that her actions would cause sensation (and couldn't help herself in that moment), or she is nuts.

And the dude missed out on some relationsihp basics too (assuming she was reacting to the dance/on-stage actions) - he could have primed her for the event by showing off some of his practice clips to her, or talked to her about what she might see etc. Perhaps he was going for a surprise unveiling of his dance (I think this is ok), but then he is at least guilty of lacking interpersonal awareness - he clearly missed out on understanding that his girlfriend of many months wasn't going to enjoy this particular spectacle. I have a hard time believing that he didn't realize that she'd be upset because he is a politician - whose specialty as a species is supposed to be interpersonal awareness.

And the dude missed out on some relationsihp basics too (assuming she was reacting to the dance/on-stage actions) - he could have primed her for the event by showing off some of his practice clips to her, or talked to her about what she might see etc. Perhaps he was going for a surprise unveiling of his dance (I think this is ok), but then he is at least guilty of lacking interpersonal awareness - he clearly missed out on understanding that his girlfriend of many months wasn't going to enjoy this particular spectacle. I have a hard time believing that he didn't realize that she'd be upset because he is a politician - whose specialty as a species is supposed to be interpersonal awareness.
Unless there was something different then what's seen in the practice clip she didn't really have reason to be upset. I mean there was nothing even close to as risque as some of the stuff they do on DWTS. For instance when Kurt Warner danced Rumba or whatever he had his wife come to their practice sessions so she wouldn't be caught off guard seeing him running his hands all over Anna on performance night. Now that made sense...there was some pretty intimate parts to their routine. But here, nah...their routine was child's play. ;)

chomsky

Insecure marriages usually do not end well.
ditto; my husband hasn't seen me dancing yet but I am sure he won't mind...I won't mind either; I am sure we'll both enjoy seeing each other dance with someone else. It's the joy of dance we share, it's not the person the dance is with that matters.

Having said that, what if my guy ends up to be a :ladiesma: ladies man,then what???

Dance Ads