Dancewear: Prices are "hot hot hot"!

Laura said:
Unfortunately the article is gone since they reorganized their web site a year or two ago. I'd look it up otherwise. I have a feeling that particular article was written by someone from one of the big US dressmakers, though :)

I do recall that the writer also thought that one dress every six months was the minimum reasonable replacement rate if you did a lot of competitions, and one per year if you do only a few comps per year.
:shock: :doh: ... won't be me ...
So, I gather, to be a dancer you have to be thin, small chest, and rich! :wink:

pygmalion

What's the probability that a woman can wear a size zero on the bottom and still have a chest of any definable size? The possibility certainly exists... I guess. Actually, I do know a few women who are shaped that way naturally, but they're in the minority for sure. 8)

pygmalion

emanuela said:
So, I gather, to be a dancer you have to be thin, small chest, and rich! :wink:
Haven't you figured it out yet? :wink: :wink: It's a huge conspiracy against women everywhere. No matter how you are, it ain't good enough. If you're thin, you're too thin. If you're normal sized, you're too fat. If your dress is blue, yellow is the in color this season. If you've worn your dress more that twice, it's too old.

The upshot of it all? Each and every one of us, no matter what we wear or how we look, has to go out and spend more money on products and costumes, right away. Just say no, girls. Just say no. :wink: :lol: :lol:

The only way to stop the insanity is for all "normal" women to stand up and scream "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore". Of course, all the men will probably just shrug and stare pointedly at the calendar....

In all seriousness, the only way to effect change in this situation is to stage a quiet revolt. Do things our way and eventually things will change for the better. Sitting by leading (or is that following?) lives of quiet desperation never got anyone anywhere.

DancingMommy said:
The only way to stop the insanity is for all "normal" women to stand up and scream "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore". Of course, all the men will probably just shrug and stare pointedly at the calendar....
:lol: ...but this is the only time I get to be semi-large chested!(read:water retention!) 8)

I wish it had that effect on me. Normally it's my gut that enlarges. I'm sad that my upper assets hve finally returned to the way they were pre-babies. I had SUCH fun while they were larger. Now they just look sad and dejected.... :pout:

DancingMommy said:
I wish it had that effect on me. Normally it's my gut that enlarges. I'm sad that my upper assets hve finally returned to the way they were pre-babies. I had SUCH fun while they were larger. Now they just look sad and dejected.... :pout:
Yeah, but even if my cat sets her paw on me during this time, it is so painful! Forget doing any dancing! :?
Sad and dejected boob...er, decolletage? Treat yourself to a soft Victoria's Secret push-up bra! Certainly enhances my (normally)size 34B! 8)

If I ever get to design a dance costume, it is going to be orange and green. With feathers. That way, they won't be able to get past the fact that it is HIDEOUS, to pick apart the rest of it.

macha said:
If I ever get to design a dance costume, it is going to be orange and green. With feathers. That way, they won't be able to get past the fact that it is HIDEOUS, to pick apart the rest of it.
Orange and green? With feathers?

Sorry macha, it's been done.

:) :) :)

macha said:
I think I've actually SEEN that color combinations in some latin costumes, and it worked well! :lol:

Ms_Sunlight said:
macha said:
Orange and green? With feathers?

Sorry macha, it's been done.

:) :) :)

... almost ... :raisebro:

macha said:
The crazy thing is that I'll be someone somewhere will just love it...even that rainbow one above will have someone to love it. Egad! :)

pygmalion said:
What's wrong with the rainbow thingie? :roll: :wink: :lol: Gotta love that thing on the side. Um... boa? fringe? feather? tail? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it needs a couple unicorns here and there and it'd be just perfect! :wink:

Dance Ads