Dating a non-dancer

I'm curious to everyone on here, and I posed this question with some of my friends and some of my instructors that dance as well. Would you ever consider dating someone that had no or very little interest in dancing?

I ask this because tonight I'm going on a date with a man who according to himself "doesn't like to dance." He doesn't know that I do, or I even compete. He was charming and interesting enough though on our first meeting that I'd figure I'm going to give him a chance anyway. In the past, I've had trouble with boyfriends when I'd be at the studio late practicing instead of hanging out with them. I've never been much of a couch potato though, and prefer any kind of movement.

Have small hopes to introduce him to it tonight, as the place we're going to has a small dance floor and plays a good mix of music.

I personally wouldn't mind dating a non-dancer. I think it would be great to introduce him into this type of community and maybe gain some more quality time with him. Also being into Latin it would great steamy date night showing him a thing or two on the dance floor, but over all it's nice to have separate hobbies and take time for yourself to do the things you love.

MTS

I'm curious to everyone on here, and I posed this question with some of my friends and some of my instructors that dance as well. Would you ever consider dating someone that had no or very little interest in dancing?

I ask this because tonight I'm going on a date with a man who according to himself "doesn't like to dance." He doesn't know that I do, or I even compete. He was charming and interesting enough though on our first meeting that I'd figure I'm going to give him a chance anyway. In the past, I've had trouble with boyfriends when I'd be at the studio late practicing instead of hanging out with them. I've never been much of a couch potato though, and prefer any kind of movement.

Have small hopes to introduce him to it tonight, as the place we're going to has a small dance floor and plays a good mix of music.
I've dated a few non-dancers and I have a good friends who is a professional ballroom dancer who dates a non-dancer. It seems to me that what really matters is that the "non-dancer" shows interest in what interests you and isn't afraid to hit the floor, even if they can only dance a couple of basics with you.

I used to think that if I ever found myself single, I would need a man who was at least open to learning...but now, my only necessity would be that he be supportive of my dancing.....
Yeah, if I were to find myself single, and decided to date anyone, it would have to be understood at the beginning: I dance. This is something I do. I make dancing a priority in my life. You don't have to dance, but I will keep dancing.

If a potential date was uneasy about the partner aspect, we'd have a couple of conversations. But I think at some point I'd kindly walk away if a man just wasn't at ease with it. Better for both people.

My do has not shown any desire to do ballroom himself, but he's reasonably ok with my doing it. As long as we don't go broke ;-)

Dance Ads