Dinner time club

Sagitta

Ok, ok...I know some of you are going :doh: or :headwall: but sinec we have a breakfast and lunch time club I felt dinnerw as feeling left out. :wink: :)

Tonight - paratha, chicken n spinach curry.

Sagitta

pygmalion said:
Store-bought bbq spareribs and homemade rice pilaf with steamed veggies. Busy day, today. No time to cook. :(
You know what I do? Cook up big amounts and store meal sized portions in my chest freezer. Then on the days I don't have time to cook I have delicious home made food. So no store bought meat. However I do cook rice and steam vegetables as that doesn't take any time at all, or attention either.

pygmalion

Sagitta said:
pygmalion said:
Store-bought bbq spareribs and homemade rice pilaf with steamed veggies. Busy day, today. No time to cook. :(
You know what I do? Cook up big amounts and store meal sized portions in my chest freezer. Then on the days I don't have time to cook I have delicious home made food. So no store bought meat. However I do cook rice and steam vegetables as that doesn't take any time at all, or attention either.
A former dance teacher of mine used to brown ground meat (beef, turkey, whatever ...) Pre-season it, and freeze it, in single- meal portions. He said it was a great time saver for making things like spaghetti sauce, chili, shepherd's pie, etc, that require browned ground meat. 8)

MacMoto

Sagitta said:
pygmalion said:
You know what I do? Cook up big amounts and store meal sized portions in my chest freezer. Then on the days I don't have time to cook I have delicious home made food.
I used to do this when I had a decent-sized freezer. Now I have a small kitchen with a mini fridge that has a tiny freezer compartment... :(

Pan-fried plaice with store-bought mushroom rice and green salad last night.

* Do you know that "dinner" means lunch where I live? So dinner time club = lunch time club. :lol:

I have a good-sized freezer but it is filled with ice, a necessity in this season. I prepare stuff from scratch, no matter how long it takes. If I'm too busy to cook, I am in a city surrounded by GREAT places to eat. OR I can send my sweetie out for take-out sushi(like we did last night).

Tonight it's eggplant curry.

pygmalion

MacMoto said:
* Do you know that "dinner" means lunch where I live? So dinner time club = lunch time club. :lol:
Lots of places, here, in the States, too. My Mom still calls the three major meals breakfast, dinner and supper. 8)

MacMoto

pygmalion said:
MacMoto said:
Lots of places, here, in the States, too. My Mom still calls the three major meals breakfast, dinner and supper. 8)
Here they are breakfast, dinner and tea. So confusing...

Dance Ads