Dinner time club

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
so...dinner at table 52...well worth documenting

first of all, a drink that is sold nowhere else that was the most fabulous thing I have ever consumed...called the "humdinger" and it was ingredients including but not limited to; cardamom, hibiscus, lime, club soda and some sort of rum liquor...it was off the chain

amuse bushe(sp?) deviled egg w/spring pea pesto, and a parmesan crusted biscuit

first course; crab cakes with red pepper, slaw and wasabi goat cheese

second course; pistachio crusted chicken breast on a bed of spiced lo mein, w/shitake

skipped dessert...but, lordy that was a fine meal....edit to add; dh had the pecan pie and dtr had the sweet potato cake

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
thx...oh...that reminds me....I left out the "pickle board"...which was a fabulous cheddar cheese, peach preserves, crisp bread, salmon mousse, and a jar full of pickled veggies like okra and cauliflower

pygmalion

Honestly, being able to spell Spanish language stuff has come in handy much more often than my four years of French.

Example: How often do I get exposed to chips and queso (roughly weekly) versus how often do I get exposed to an amuse bouche course? (roughly decade-ly) :lol:

pygmalion

Yesterday: no dinner. Zippo. Zilch ... until around 11 PM when I was STARVING and ate everything I could eat that wasn't tied down. It's clear that I need to reexamine my dietary choices. :oops: :lol:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, being able to spell Spanish language stuff has come in handy much more often than my four years of French.

Example: How often do I get exposed to chips and queso (roughly weekly) versus how often do I get exposed to an amuse bouche course? (roughly decade-ly) :lol:
for me, it was always about what I would encounter occupationally...so I am okay with relying on dh when it comes to all things French...but he wasn't around when I was posting :)

Dance Ads