Dinner time club

JudeMorrigan

Yesterday, I baked up a batch of cinnamon knots with an almond hazelnut filling. I ... may ... possibly ... have eaten a few of them for dinner. That may have been somewhat less than completely ideal.

Peaches

Snack: string cheese, pickles.

Dinner: asparagus soup with cauliflower "flan," and pan seared mahi-mahi with a squirt of fresh lime juice. And a nice cup of decaf coffee for dessert (mostly because I find myself unable to warm up). :)

Peaches

Homemade chicken soup. Normally I wouldn't have chicken twice in one day, but I had this jar that did not seal so I wanted to eat it up. Damn, that is some fine chicken soup. :)

pygmalion

I intended to have beef stew with peppers and tomatoes. Problem? I accidentally bought tomatoes that had chili seasoning in them. So I ended up having VERY STRANGE chili.

The good news is that now I know Target sells canned tomatoes already seasoned for chili. I'll keep that in mind, the next time I actually want chili. lol

3wishes

roasted a chicken using olive oil, fresh rosemary and lemons, salad, veges, I make my own salad dressing - as I tend to buy olive oil from the wineries where we visit and it's sooooo good. way yum-o

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
finally got around to cooking for dh...may be first time since holidays...poor sad neglected dh....anyhow, chicken tetrazzini of sorts (chicken, pasta, veggies, white sauce, topped with cheese and baked), potatoes done Polish style (w/sauerkraut, vinegar, onion and ham), corn-green bean-diced tomato blended veggies, rolls...and bought him the new sbux coffee flavored iced cream with shaved dark chocolate for dessert...probably serve him some sauvi blanc with it unless we have any of the Polish beer left

Peaches

Tuna steak and steamed snow peas. DH is gettin' pretty good at this cooking fish thing! And the fact that the filets are individually quick-frozen and wrapped means that portion control is nice and easy--one 6-8oz filet, split between the two of us. (We've never really eaten much fish before...at all. But I've started getting various individually frozen filets of stuff, which makes for a really nice and hella easy dinner!) Om nom.

Dance Ads