Do You Fall Romantically For Your Dance Partners?

aimerrouge said:
HF, I must ask are you a man? :? Your response about women basically needing to ignore physical appearances is amusing given how many men insist on persuing only trophy woman (in salsa and other avenues of life).

Whenever a woman dares to say she want some eye candy, suddenly the the acknowledgment of a man's internal beauty becomes paramount. :roll: It's all around us. Look at television and movies. How many schleps are married to hot women? That's SO realistic. :lol:

If men can dream, women can too. I encourage you, africana, to continue your search. :lol:
Bravo, Aimerrouge! 8)
Brains come first, but I like a good-lookin' man, too! :raisebro:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
clave said:
fascination said:
for the record and since this is anonymous I have no reason to lie...when I fall for someone it is never about how they look physically...it is usually because they are excellent at something either intellectual or artistic, because they are cuddly and because they are kind to me...that's it
Yet you never seem to keep any of them around for long?

I have soooo many friends in their thirties who, as time goes on, keep settling for less and less and less...
I married him

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Cliche said:
fascination said:
I like eye candy to but I don't want to do anything with it unless it also possesses the aforementioned attibutes, whereas I tned to fall for what I mentioned and then notice what IS physically appealing about the man
I tried this once. I dated a chick that I normally wouldn't have looked at twice. She was a friend of a friend and I wasn't dating anyone so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, I did end up liking her and she did become physically attractive which surprised me (I'm not so shallow after all). Then I got the vanishing act. That'll teach me to look for inner beauty.
one chance is all you give a theory?

fascination said:
Cliche said:
fascination said:
I like eye candy to but I don't want to do anything with it unless it also possesses the aforementioned attibutes, whereas I tned to fall for what I mentioned and then notice what IS physically appealing about the man
I tried this once. I dated a chick that I normally wouldn't have looked at twice. She was a friend of a friend and I wasn't dating anyone so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, I did end up liking her and she did become physically attractive which surprised me (I'm not so shallow after all). Then I got the vanishing act. That'll teach me to look for inner beauty.
one chance is all you give a theory?
If I'm getting dumped, I'm getting dumped in style, by a hot chick. I'm with Africana on this. If I don't find the woman of my dreams, I can always settle in my 30's. Until then, I've got some choices.

HF

africana said:
HF the funniest thing about your responses is that they so vigorously address a comment that made partly in fun
The same here about speaking partly in fun. You don't know how it is when I answer vigorously ... :twisted:

, and I have never seen you post these types of criticisms in threads where the men go on about how they "prefer" pretty/beautiful/glamorous women
Because this sort of comment does not qualify my needs for being responded ...

Actually everything I said fits for both, men and women. Period.

And - no problem if you have wishes and expectations - I respect you for talking openly about it. I was writing about a general observance ... not about you personally.

HF said:
Haha, I knew somebody would respond to it ...
Yes, I took the bait. I couldn't help myself. :p

HF said:
Do you think anybody can be really happy with another person that is just a trophy ... or with a person for whom he or she is one? These people punish themselves for life.
No, I don't. I have noticed a pattern with men

1. Pick trophy :friend:
2. Date trophy :cheers:
3. Dump/get dumped by trophy :bkick:
4. Complain about how stupid/shallow it is to persue only trophies. :x
5. Select new trophy.:friend:
6. Repeat steps 2-6. :doh:

HF said:
No problem about that. All I observe is that people that mainly care about the physical appearence of a possible partner basically get what they are wishing ... and not more most of the time.
I agree. However, I find it doesn't change a lot of people's behavior.

HF said:
, and I have never seen you post these types of criticisms in threads where the men go on about how they "prefer" pretty/beautiful/glamorous women
And to what do we owe the honor of you finally addressing "this sort of comment"?? because a woman made it, right? ;)
(admit it, you got caught :tongue: )

chook said:
Anyway, I tend to romantize any dance I do with a girl. Make it slow, involve lots of touching and cuddling, and always look into her eyes...

I prefer selecting who i'll romantize with......not ANY guy.

I wonder if this is a male/female issue?

Cliche said:
If I'm getting dumped, I'm getting dumped in style, by a hot chick. I'm with Africana on this. If I don't find the woman of my dreams, I can always settle in my 30's. Until then, I've got some choices.
whoa boy, don't 'quote' me there, that's not quite my philosophy either :lol: :roll:

Shooshoo said:
chook said:
Anyway, I tend to romantize any dance I do with a girl. Make it slow, involve lots of touching and cuddling, and always look into her eyes...

I prefer selecting who i'll romantize with......not ANY guy.

I wonder if this is a male/female issue?
I think so too because I don't like random guys trying to make intense eye contact with me or holding extra close...no romantic connections unless i say so :p

this is a pretty useless comment, but i've often thought that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder - sometimes when a girl/guy attracts you, he/she just attracts you - not because of their good looks, you're just drawn to them for no reason.

HF

africana said:
HF said:
And to what do we owe the honor of you finally addressing "this sort of comment"?? because a woman made it, right? ;)
(admit it, you got caught :tongue: )
No, but because you made it, and from your other posts I did get the impression of an intelligent person that is not just scratching on the surface of things (that's just what I am thinking, no more, no less). I would have been making the same comment if, say, Sagitta would have been posting that he would be looking for dating small blondes. :lol:

lynn said:
this is a pretty useless comment, but i've often thought that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder - sometimes when a girl/guy attracts you, he/she just attracts you - not because of their good looks, you're just drawn to them for no reason.
Drawn to somebody for no reason!!! Mmm...hasn't happen to me. Some say love is blind, but it's not deaf and dumb. It's not too far from truth to say that most people are drawn to each other at first because they're physically attracted to each other; I'm talking about true romance, not gold diggers or the like who've different agenda. Since beauty doesn't last forever if we dwell in the physical beauty and not discover the inner beauty, the relationship is bound to get bumpy. There are some who see inner qualities first and that's all they need to know.

Dance Ads